+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will Front Desk Agents be affected by the new changes?

arespinoza

Sep 8, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if the change also affects Front Desk Agents?
Iv been in Canada almost a years and I wanted to apply for Perm Res under AINP. I cant apply till 2016 because I must wait my turn to be nominated. Will I be able to extend my TFV to another 2 years after this. Please help.

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arespinoza said:
Does anyone know if the change also affects Front Desk Agents?
Iv been in Canada almost a years and I wanted to apply for Perm Res under AINP. I cant apply till 2016 because I must wait my turn to be nominated. Will I be able to extend my TFV to another 2 years after this. Please help.
Front desk LMO are very very hard to get because, well, everyone can do the job... Unless you speak like 10 languages and have specific skills. My understanding so far is that foreign workers already here still have the 4 year rule but if you were to extend your WP, it will only be for one year. All the advisors and lawyers I met told me the same thing, if you want PR, apply now if you're eligible. Don't wait. It will only get worst and harder if you'll wait.

Good luck

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
duarca said:
Front desk LMO are very very hard to get because, well, everyone can do the job... Unless you speak like 10 languages and have specific skills. My understanding so far is that foreign workers already here still have the 4 year rule but if you were to extend your WP, it will only be for one year. All the advisors and lawyers I met told me the same thing, if you want PR, apply now if you're eligible. Don't wait. It will only get worst and harder if you'll wait.

Good luck
so...if I apply to extend my work permit before summer 2015 (when the Limit Duration for low-wage TFWs will take place), I should be able to do it, even though I have been in Canada for 2 years already?

Thanks, godbless

arespinoza

Sep 8, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your response. I would love to apply but there are 2 other Front Desk workers who have to apply before me. 1st one applies this year (2014) and second will apply in 2015. So i must wait till 2016 to apply. I hope you are right and I hope these changes dont affect me.

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dunj said:
so...if I apply to extend my work permit before summer 2015 (when the Limit Duration for low-wage TFWs will take place), I should be able to do it, even though I have been in Canada for 2 years already?

Thanks, godbless
I am not sure but I asked the question yesterday to an immigrant advisor and he wasn't sure either. He told me the 4 year rule change should only affect the new workers, not the one already here. Better call CIC, but even them might not have a clear answer for now.

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Hopefully all of us waiting to me nominated in the future will be allowed to extend our WP... :( thank u for your answer.

arespinoza

Sep 8, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When ever there are changes in immigation things my company is pretty good about keeping us updated. Its a weekend right now and the changes are new. But as soon as my hotel lets us know I will unabated everyone. Hope all goes well.

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
dunj said:

Thanks, godbless
[according to MR KENNY....IMMEDIATELY....

jimmy.s

Jun 11, 2014
arespinoza said:
When ever there are changes in immigation things my company is pretty good about keeping us updated. Its a weekend right now and the changes are new. But as soon as my hotel lets us know I will unabated everyone. Hope all goes well.
what about international students? do they need LMO to extend their work permit according to new TFW rules? I am working in SK as a food server on PGWP and it is about to expire in one month, what are my options?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jimmy.s said:
what about international students? do they need LMO to extend their work permit according to new TFW rules? I am working in SK as a food server on PGWP and it is about to expire in one month, what are my options?
1. Yes, PGWPs always required a LMO to extend after the PGWP, but the employer didn't have to advertise. Now the Employer has to advertise as well.