+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will Applying For Temp Visa Harm Us In The Long Run ..(and some questions)

fatmamakombe

May 19, 2008
Am hoping someone can clarifiy some things for me .... My husband in from Tanzania (we just got married) and plan for the long term to apply for a PR Visa ... considering the long wait we were thinking of applying for a temp visa first so he could at least meet my family and get to see Canada. Here are my questions: From the posts on this site it seems like there is very little chance of actually GETTING a temp visa for a spouse from Africa .... so if we are refused, will that affect our future plans to apply for a PR visa (since on the PR visa form it does ask if you have ever applied / been rejected for a visa to Canada before).

Also, looking at the application for the temp visa - I see that although it is short and sweet, many people are including a lot of additional information to state their case. What are the best documents to include in order to up your chances (it looks like owning land / family ties is a big one). Anything else?

Lastly, although you do not have to send in a medical unless asked to .. I am sure a citizen of Africa will be asked to submit a medical exam (which they say can add 3 months to the application time). We want to include this in our original application so we don't lose time .... how do you go about getting the proper form for this? (Is it the same form for the PR visa or a different one?)

Thanks so much, sorry for the long post!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applying for a visit visa now will not harm your request to apply for PR visa later. I don't think you have much chance though. They will think it too likely that he will just stay but if you try it, include some info of why he is not leaving his homeland at the moment, family ties, work committments etc. It's better if you just sponsor him for PR. Then he can come and go as he likes.