+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will application for Immigration be returned?

seldom

May 22, 2007
Hi

I have made a mistake when submitting my application for immigration as a SW on September the 20th. I have left spaces that did not apply to me blank instead of inserting "N/A". Somehow I seem to have completely missed this instruction when filling out the application!

It's really unfortunate: I thought I had filled out everything correctly, turns out I have not !!!

Does anyone know from experience whether my application will be returned to me because of this mistake? Having reread the instructions, it says it will. I was just wondering from practical experience whether that is common, or whether somehow we could get away with it.

Thanks

Seldom

aroyo

Oct 1, 2007
Yes, they will return you the application if you leave blank space. That unfortunately happened to me. I had to wait 4 weeks to have the application returned and another 3 weeks after sending it back before they started processing it.

seldom

May 22, 2007
Aroyo

Thank you for your reply.

I will resend them the application forms tomorrow morning in order to try and save some time ( I just hope they did not already resent the entire package).

I was wondering nevertheless what you mean by blank space. Do I have to fill out every single blank space with N/A ? or just the first line of any section? Do you see what I mean? It does not make sense to just fill out just every blank space (every row in military service, governmental position, etc...).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Seldom

aroyo

Oct 1, 2007
Hi,
since I did not any military experience I left this item blank. I did not write anything. So, they returned me the application telling me that every question should be answered. If the question is not applicable to you just write N/A or Not applicable. If you did write it in at least one line that's fine.
if not , I would suggest you to wait for the package. Since you do not have a file number yet the second package may be lost. Remember they will not keep any incomplete application.

seldom

May 22, 2007
Thanks again for your response Aroyo. I really appreciate it.

I guess I am just worried about waiting until my application package is returned. One of my police certificates from abroad will expire by the end of October (26th of the month). I am worried that I would have to issue a new one if I wait for too long: it could take me up to 2 months to get the new one, which will delay my new application for too long!

It seems that no matter one, I am heading for a 3 months delay in my application because of this stupid mistake. I doubt I will be able to receive the package resend it, and have CIC receive it before the 26th of October...

I am thinking of calling CIC immigration tomorrow morning to ask them whether I should wait, or go ahead and send the amended application forms. Not sure what their answer will be, never called them in the past.

Seldom

tinay

Oct 15, 2007
Just wondering if your application was sent back to you yet. I sent my application to buffalo on sept 13,07. i wasn't sure if i did put N/A for all the columns that didn't apply to me. I called the CIC office but they said they weren't the ppl that received it. so they dont know either. But they said if there's anything missing from the application, they will contact me by phone. Did you get a phone call from the immigration office? Your reply is much appreciated.

seldom

May 22, 2007
Hi Tinay

No I did not receiving anything from the people in Buffalo: not a phone call, not the application package itself returned, and certainly not the AOR! (which I would really be happy to get).

I sent my application on september the 20th, and am still waiting.

Maybe it would be a good idea if we let each other know how things progress since we seem to have the exact same problem/concern.

tinay

Oct 15, 2007
definitely. Let's keep in touch. you can contact me directly via berrylandtina@yahoo.ca
I should receive something a little earlier than you.

sudarshansing

Dec 20, 2011
Guys i have a question how long it takes for CIC to return the file back if CAP is reached and how would i know if my application is under process or not??? Because the time i had send my application CAP wasn't full!!! People who have simile experience please Help Help Help!!!

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
hi guys,

you all scared me, i just sent my application yesterday, first i didnt see where it says N/A, but in the forms themselves they mentioning use NONE, when not applicable ,moreover where it says write down the number of education years like ELEMNETARY....SEDCONDARY....COLLEGE....TRADE......I FILLED ALL OF THEM WITH NUMBERS AND LEFT LAST ONE BLANK AS I COULDNT WRITE LETTERS ONLY ACCEPT NUMBERS WILL THEY REJECT THAT AS WELL....!!!