09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Hi guys, so long story short.
I have my landing appointment on May 15th (next thursday) in Montreal's office.
When I applied, i did it with my -still non expire- passport which contained my MAIDEN name, but all my other documents from my country contain already my married name. but I filled up all the forms with my married -legal in my country- name, explaining that i havent updated yet the passport. ALL MY CIC comunications (aip, dm, med request, landing letter) came in my MARRIED NAME.

Montreal's landing office (i think is the only one that..) send a letter before the actual appointement letter asking you to confirm your name and other info, plus send the two photos and receipt. Which I did. I send a copy of my passeport and a copy of my legal id from my country explainning that i havent updated the passport but that as soon as it expires, it will be automaticlly renewed with my new name.

I received an email from an agent from Montreal's office who told me that they can wait for me to update my passport in order to land as married, cuz if i landed as single i will have to change ALL my documents again to not create a confusion in migrations when i wanna go back home. I was under the bad info that having a new passport from my country takes 45 days, so I reply the email saying that i will land as single and take care of the change after. (simply cuz i didnt wanted to delay my landing anymore!!) so the lady reply, giving me MAY 15th as landing date, but i think she -by mistake- sent me ALL HER INFO, name, address, phone number, personal email, etc.

I insist with my embassy and turns out, having the passport updated takes only 5 days!! so, i run there on monday and I did it, so I will receive my new passport this friday.

I called CIC telecenter to know if this was an issue, cuz obviously is a new passport number and all, and they told me not to worry, that all the info from the passport gets confirm in the landing.
but we all know cic agents... so, just to make sure...

i sent an update to the lady in montreal's office (giving that i had her personal email..) explaining her that i will receive my new passport this friday and asking if I have to send her a copy, scan, or fax of it.

My question is..: will the delay my landing only for this? I mean.. in other offices they dont send a "pre-landing" letter, so if i will be elsewhere, i wouldnt have had any problem... but what happen if they do? i dont know what to think... cic telecenter said dont worry, but they are so unthrustfulll!!!!

any ideas?

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Nevermind,
just got an email back from the lady (in less than 10min since i wrote her!) hahahaha...saying she was surprised that i had her email...but she said: "thanks for updating, it will be great if you can scan a copy of the new passport as soon as you get it. You could have just present your self in the office the landing date but it will have been a long wait to make some corrections."
So thats it. i will send a scan whenever i can and my landing date will not be change.
So glad she make the mistake of giving me her info hahahaha....

ps. CAN A SENIOR ERASE MY THREATH? ONLY VENTING HERE! lol...