+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will 1 month of paid vacation be consider in 1 year of work experience for PR?

KirtiParghi

Jul 26, 2019
My company offers 1 month of paid vacation in 1 year. so If I take 1 month of paid vacation in 12 months then apply for PR then will it be consider as 1 year (12 months) of work experience or 11 months of work experience? OR do I have to work 13 months in order to cover 1 month of paid vacation?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My company offers 1 month of paid vacation in 1 year. so If I take 1 month of paid vacation in 12 months then apply for PR then will it be consider as 1 year (12 months) of work experience or 11 months of work experience? YES OR do I have to work 13 months in order to cover 1 month of paid vacation NO?

It is a good idea, when you get your letter of reference from your employer, that they mention the benefits as well as salary (e.g. "benefits include .... and 4 weeks of paid vacation" etc.). This way the VO can be sure it is paid vacation and not unpaid leave (unpaid leave does not count).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

"An allowance for a reasonable period of vacation time will generally be made in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., a two-week period of paid vacation leave within a given 52-week period in which the applicant was engaged in qualifying work experience) . . . While officers will account for a reasonable period of vacation time in calculating the period of qualifying work experience in Canada, each application is considered on its own merits with a final decision based on a review of all the information available to the officer at the time of decision. "

Reactions: KirtiParghi

mohd2332

Star Member
May 11, 2018
My company offers 1 month of paid vacation in 1 year. so If I take 1 month of paid vacation in 12 months then apply for PR then will it be consider as 1 year (12 months) of work experience or 11 months of work experience? OR do I have to work 13 months in order to cover 1 month of paid vacation?
Hi,

I am now in same situation as yours. I took a one month paid vacation. what do you advice?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I travelled during that vacation, do you think it is going to be an issue? also do you think I should submit a an explanation letter?
No need to submit an explanation letter and it will not be an issue.

It is standard in many companies. There is nothing extraordinary about your situation.

Continuous work experience would have been a problem if you had changed jobs and then went away for 1 month in the time between those jobs. Your case is perfectly fine.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I travelled during that vacation, do you think it is going to be an issue? also do you think I should submit a an explanation letter?
Unless you were terminated, or quit and were then rehired after your vacation, were you not still employed whilst on vacation? Yes, you were. ;)

Agree with @smash1984

Reactions: smash1984

mohd2332

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Unless you were terminated, or quit and were then rehired after your vacation, were you not still employed whilst on vacation? Yes, you were. ;)

Agree with @smash1984
Thanks for reply brother. I was not terminated during the one year experience and I was on pay roll during the whole period.

mohd2332

Star Member
May 11, 2018
what did you do?
Bro if it was a paid vacation and you have a proof that it was paid then there is no issues. We are allowed to take a paid vacation for just 3 weeks (6% of the total number of the hours to you worked in a year ).

To be sure that you will get over this problem work for another week so that you worked one weak instead of the extra weak that you took.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
you are employed by your employer whilst on paid vacation, there is no need to explain it. If you were employed for 12 months and took the vacation that was allotted to you by your company it is still classifed as 12 months of work experience.

aabir

May 10, 2020
you are employed by your employer whilst on paid vacation, there is no need to explain it. If you were employed for 12 months and took the vacation that was allotted to you by your company it is still classifed as 12 months of work experience.
how many weeks of paid vacation you had?