+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's Given name under Surname in CPR,Please help

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
Few days ago, I got my landing visa and CPR document.

For my wife ,I have below question

QUESTION: Will there be any issue in landing if there is difference in way the name is written on Passport and Landing Visa?

On my spouse PASSPORT:
First/Given Name: Neha Singh
Last/Surname: (It is BLANK)
On my spouse Landing Visa:
First/Given Name: (It is BLANK)
Last/Surname: Neha Singh
(Since, Canada requires people to have their last name... they made my first name as last name)

Should I ask CIC to update this

As canada requires two name ,While submiiting the form We have splitted wife's name specifying
First Name as "Neha " and Surname as Singh

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011 PER / 2nd AOR : September 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
got waived :-)
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Dont worry dear friend,
This is normal...for people who do not have a surname, they enter the given name under the field surname in landing visa and COPR documents etc. It is perfectly normal and should not cause u any problem. In canada it is essential that a last name be used for every person's documentation in order to be able to receive some benefits etc. (governmental).
So relax and enjoy...its okay !
I personally know a few people who do not have a surname (including myself- but waiting for visa :( ) who completed their landing and are settled in canada with their given names under surname fields
Take care

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
not mandatory , no problem at all.

OMM

abhi812 said:

QUESTION: Will there be any issue in landing if there is difference in way the name is written on Passport and Landing Visa?

On my spouse PASSPORT:
(Since, Canada requires people to have their last name... they made my first name as last name)

As canada requires two name ,While submiiting the form We have splitted wife's name specifying

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
abhi812 said:

On my spouse PASSPORT:

Some people may not agree with me but it is very much necessary that information matches both on your passport and your visas / landing papers. Apparently name is name but fields are different. in canada given name being empty is ok but surname is very much necessary. In your case information is mis printed and i would highly reccomend you to ask chc to change your details according to passport

Moreover, your passport has blank surname so you must ask embassy and obtain a written response even if you want to go ahead with this thing so that later on you must havew something in your hand.

i know personaly a person whose citizenship application got delayed 3 years just bcoz she did not botheered to rectify her name in beginnig.

Secondly i also landed here with my full name under surname field but everything was ok except that i dont have given name now in canada and trust me it hurts a lot.

choice is yours.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pk09, sometime it's create problem ofcourse!! we can't predict it but it's accepted for immigration and even at POE when applicant will land.
advisible that applicant have to fillout rest of the forms carefully if error or different name applicant can ask for change or update.
my cousin name and even uncle name is too long, they break out name in 4 different spelling (do not match with name so I use spelling word) on visa stemp.
but they got correct PR cards and even no problem once they got citizenship 3years ago.
but still my uncle name not complete.. its ok. (for example : virendranathkumar they cut out virendranathk same on canadian passport because name with father name as indian style will be too long).

even my name also long and its not complete name on my USA visa and even I797 too.

OMM

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
hi Everyone,

Thanks alot for everyone response.

Just want to know ,Should I suggest landing officer to split the name in below manner for PR card and Record of Landing

First Name as "Neha "
and Surname as Singh

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011 PER / 2nd AOR : September 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
got waived :-)
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
No dear friend...
Before thinking of doing that....think about ur own name as to how it appears in ur passport..
For example...your passport shows the following info :-
Given name :- Abhi Singh (sorry i dont know ur full name, so just using an arbitary name as example)
Surname :- Yadav
and the passport of ur spouse gives the following info :-
Given name :- Neha Singh
Surname :- ________ (blank)
Now, if u advise the landing officer to make Singh as Surname for ur spouse and Neha as given name for her, then in that event u would have yadav as surname and ur wife would have Singh as surname..
Avoid this confusion my friend...which may create a problem for u in future...
Regards,
JUNER 2011

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes you can advise landing officer.

OMM

abhi812 said:
hi Everyone,

Thanks alot for everyone response.

Just want to know ,Should I suggest landing officer to split the name in below manner for PR card and Record of Landing

First Name as "Neha "
and Surname as Singh