+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Work Permit From Inside Canada (Basic Query)

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I applied for a Visit Visa for my wife which was accepted. She just came to Canada with me and now I am thinking to apply for her Open Work Permit. Can somebody tell me what is the minimum duration that she should be here before I apply? Or can I simply apply right away?

Also, any complications that may arise.

Thanks.
Ali

abrarmohsin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
There is no restriction so you can apply right away if you want. I applied for my wife after about a month though

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abrarmohsin said:
There is no restriction so you can apply right away if you want. I applied for my wife after about a month though
Thanks Abrar! How long did it take before she got the permit? Also, the OWP has very basic documents needed so I assume there is no long list of documents that are needed right?

abrarmohsin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
a_a_d said:
Thanks Abrar! How long did it take before she got the permit? Also, the OWP has very basic documents needed so I assume there is no long list of documents that are needed right?
It took about 30-40 days to get the permit. The processing time keep on changing in this range so check the current ones on the CIC website.

Yes, the document checklist is very basic. The most important document is your reference letter from employer. It should be descriptive enough to convince the visa officer that your job falls under NOC O, A or B.

Best of luck.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Yeah I have that. It falls under NOC A. So i guess that wont be a problem InshaALLAH.

Thanks Again! :)