Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
am a canadian citizen and my wife is in india...her pr got refused on legality issues of marriage so we have reapplied ....now my wife comes from goa in india which is a portuguese colony so she is eligible for portuguese passport which she will be collecting in may from lisbon and I will be meeting her in lisbon and we going to inform her status to cic...but she is going to continue stay in goa as she has job, house and family.I am planning to get her in June to canada for 4 weeks with return ticket and required funds and other documents for a visit as she will be eu citizen and she can visit me without visa.now I will be accompanying her but will the cic stop her and not allow because her PR is in process. Experts please advice....d ....now my wife comes from goa in india which is a portuguese colony so she is eligible for portuguese passport which she will be collecting in may from lisbon and I will be meeting her in lisbon and we going to inform her status to cic...but she is going to continue stay in goa as she has job, house and family.I am planning to get her in June to canada for 4 weeks with return ticket and required funds and other documents for a visit as she will be eu citizen and she can visit me without visa.now I will be accompanying her but will the cic stop her and not allow because her PR is in process. Experts please advice....

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
People can come visit Canada even when their PR application is in process. She should have a return ticket, be clear that she is just visiting, bring proof of the PR application (such as a copy of the sponsor approval letter if you got one, or a copy of the receipt), and proof of ties to India. The border agent probably won't ask to see all of this, but it is best to be prepared.

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
Thanks for ur reply....but we going to collect portuguese passport from lisbon and stay there for 2 weeks and then she is going to come for a visit....with me...but do she needs to inform cic about her change in citizenship immediately or she can do it in 2 weeks when she comes here....

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Just a few inputs.
Goa WAS a Portuguese colony. It was liberated in 1961.
Also, once your wife takes up Portuguese passport, she will no longer be an Indian national.
She will immediately need to surrender Indian passport.
Please make sure that you update CIC about change of nationality as quickly as possible as she must have applied for PR as an India to begin with.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
One more point. Please also find out how she will go back to India after her Lisbon visit.
Saying this because once she accepts the Portuguese passport in Lisbon, she is no longer an Indian citizen.
Hence, on her return trip, legally she cannot enter on her Indian passport.
In fact it will be illegal to try and use the Indian passport on return trip.
I understand India gives Visa on arrival for Portuguese citizens, but it is more like an E-Visa and needs to be applied for in advance.

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
Thanks for your view ....yes as soon as she collects it....I am going to inform cic.....to change her status in application

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
Well she can enter back to india on Indian passport as she has got schengen visa and she also going to apply for her overseas citizen of india (oci) thanks