+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why we want to leave our sweet country?

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
what honolulu says make some sense, not matter where you go, you would still like to visit your country and meet your extended family or catch up with your friends.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I think

My Experience and knowledge has better prospect and need in Canada than my own country.
in a Nutshell: Canada needs me !

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
manzoorhussain said:
Hi Dears,

Why we want to migrate and get rid of our country? The country where we born, spent our precious days of childhood, teenage, even beyond? There may be a single reason but at the end we may have a lot of reasons.

Let us share and guide one another.

manzoorhussain
Our country is # 1 in our hearts and minds, but life is full of chances that not everyone can get. We are seeking things that our countries unfortunately did not offer. No one made of flesh and blood can deny that mysterious feeling of belonging to that dear spot named Home Land nor can he afford staying away from it forever. For me, I like the fact that Canada allows you to have pr and even bear the Canadian citizenship and at the same time you can always visit your country and keep your own citizenship.

It is not the place that makes you happy, it is what in that place that makes the difference.
May the whole world be a place of grace, happiness and joy to every human alive.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
jnathan said:
I think

My Experience and knowledge has better prospect and need in Canada than my own country.
in a Nutshell: Canada needs me !
That is good.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Well said ALWAYS HOPEFUL-HOPEFUL CANADIAN !!!

Sometimes our country being 'Sweet' or 'Sour' might not be the decider. Some of us, who r expatriates, might be well settled abroad... & would like to pursue the Citizenship thing in another country, for 5 reasons:

1. Our own homeland might not be geared-up to offer the lifestyle which we already enjoy overseas.
2. The present country of residence might not have a Citizenship program for the expatriates.
3. Our Kids no longer feel 'belonging' to the culture back home. This is one of the main causes to worry.
4. If we r married to a spouse of another nationality, s/he might be calling the shots.
5. And if the choice trickles between our or his/her country, a 3rd nation [Canada, US or ANZ] might be preferable.

Just pondering...
Qorax
Agree :)

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Why do we want to leave our sweet country???

Hmm

In Pak reasons for leaving the "Sweet but Salty" country..

1) Coruption. Everywhere... the police, the government officals, heck just to get a electric connection on my farm the yasked me for like PKR 200,000 Special fee??? You can get anything you want if you have money the Elite class is killing that country...

2) Unemployment.. Is it just me or are jobs hard to come by all the time regardless of recession or economic booms.. a country which has so much population should have more jobs.. Good paying jobs.. but it is not the case..

3) B*****it system, safarish system. Good luck trying to find a job without the SAFARISH man... Yes they are ppl who don't have influential daddys who can call uncle sam and ask that his / son gets a job somewhere...

4) Too expensive to buy a house. Is it just me or can i buy something more decent in Canada for the same price..

5) Can't afford to buy a house unless pool in money with dead unlce, dead neighbour, father brother, sister, sell mother's jewellery etc..

6) can't afford to buy a decent car which can save you if you crash it.. an Alto without an airbag costs around 16-17 K USD.. Can buy a really decent car with that much..

7) Mr 10 - 100% as the president.. Why is this criminal like this voted into power first his Slu* wife then this monkey.. Poltics in Pak Garbage in and garbage Out..... Some would argue that we only have garbage to vote for.. Next in line Sharif brother's..Then again Zardar untila military coup then the army will take over and guess what THE ARMY people generals, etc buying up all the potential land development cheap and then robing you blind..

8) Bombs exploding everywhere.. Country is at war because of the War on Terror or if not that then our neighbours and brothers the Indians, and guess what pakistanis who are fighting it for the Americans are branded terror suspects everywhere you go, body scanners, strip search etc...

9) Islamabad is nice green, but karachi, lahore, pindi, are all polluted and just dirty dirty.. Northern area are nice though clean but not developed at all.

10) No proper transportation system if no Car... Yes they are ppl around who's daddy's don't buy a car for them their only option is the bus, rickshaw, and Van, and private taxis... Good luck..

11) No justice, good luck if someone influential sues you in pak or you want to sue someone who is influential..

12) Private schools.. Rich aunty seema is very rich so she calls up other aunty's and they buy a private shool and WHOLLA a school for your childen can go and be taught by usless housewifes who have no training whatsoever in public teaching..

13) Pubic Schools... Only for the poor class of pakistan, the clerks, etc... they can't afford private schools..

14) Electricity.. is it just me or the power going off for like 3 hrs a day is just not normal??? I mean all of this happening and they still hear about not building Kalabagh dam.. I heard it when i was a baby that their building it, i'm a full grown man still hearing it, i will die hearing it, and my grand kids will pass on and their kids will pass on.. Then God will pull the plug on the word and end it ppl will be in lines to go to heaven or hell and still Pakistanis will be arguing about Kalabagh dam and whether it should be built..

15) Military coup... is it just me or is Musharaff the most dumb dictator ever in the history of dictators??? I mean dictators kill off their political oponents.. this guy let all that grbage live, opened up the economy and media.. But for a half blind Supreme court judge you kick a guy who was at least doing something, and now your hopes rest on a half bling supreme court Judge to take you out of the darkness...

In Dubai, UAE

1) HIGH rents...I live in Sharjah a 2bd costs 50,000 AED I can rent a condo next to a beach in downtown Vancouver for this much instead of paying so much and living in a concrete jungle, getting stuck in traffic jams. oh + parking 3000 AED annual so like 53 K a year... Plus next year if the economy recovers then Arabaab real estate guy will hike rent to 60K or even 80 K these are recession rates..

2) White ppl who are mostly high school drop outs are paid more than MBA's with brown skin color here? everyone should be paid on the same level regardless of skin colour.. What is this south africa pre Mandela era??

3) Artifical life... Malls malls eat get fat.. Scared of going to dubai mall and if the aquraium breaks a shark will come out and bite my behind..

4) No natural green trees around.. It's the DESERT man what the hell am i doing in this DESERT!!

5) THIS IS NOT MY COUNTRY after my productive years are up, the Arab arbaab will say Koodos old man go back to your country... Then the points from 1-14 about leaving pakistan will start again..

6) Scared of the Arbaab.. Arbaab scares me more than Satan himself.

7) THE HEAT man it's like an oven here most of the time, ppl sweating all over yuck.. most ppl don't even wear deo here..

8) No transportation system, I aint getting on a bus in Dubai tried in once i rather walk and die in the heat.. taxis hmm sell your mom's jewellery cause you can't afford them... Metro hmm not bad but in the summer make sure you have lost of deo and wet wipes, cause just to get to the station and out of station you will be sweating seating like a sauna..

9) Laws... if you quit your job 6 months ban, leave country for 6 months come back find another job otherwise NO..

10) Arbaab.. if you get into an accident with Arbaab don't be suprised if you end up in jail for like 6-7 months without bail or a trial.. YES PPL it can happen and has happened just becoz it isn't happening to you does not mean it doesn't happen...

11) Arbaab.. just in general they scare me more than the KKK..

well that's about it..

I will miss only one thing about pakistan and Dubai... The Food man...I will miss the shawarma's, paratha rolls.. They cost an arm and leg in Canada, well a shawarma costs like 5 CDn in vancouver there is like one place.. The turks rob you blind with their Gyro's cost like 15 CDN in halifax.. I wonder if that place on spring garden is still there, anyone living in Halifax right now??

But it will be no Belad Al Shams Shawarma the best in the world man..

Anyone living in Dubai before you leave try out the Meat shawarma in Belad Al Sham in Ghusais.. Simply amazing will change your life..

That's it..

Hope that expalins it.

P.S this is how i feel and my personal feelings, don't take it to heart my fellow brothers..

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
alice_chained,

Excellent evaluation ! youre truly shackled, If I were the decision maker at CIC, I'd let you get your PR ahead mf mine.

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its been irritating at times but survival is definitely possible in india, pak or uae. But why do i settle for something less when this world can give me a better option?
i would move to canada because it has been my dream since a long time. and i dont like it when my wishes dont come true, especially when they are achievable.

Sagar.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Dear Jnathan,

Thanks for your kind words, I ,thank God, have already got my PR in Feb, i'm just in the process of packing up and leaving for Canada next month.

I really hope and pray that you also get your PR as soon as possible.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Dear Sagar,

I wouldn't mind if there was hope, i'm speaking specifically about Pakistan and Dubai have no idea about India so i can't comment.

But there is no hope, the moment when Musharaf was shoved out, and this criminal was made president I gave up hope for my country of birth. The elite class has ruined the country, if you have no influences and resources your good as nothing in Pak. Coruption is everywhere and even the common man is corrupt there let alone the govt, ppl steal electricty, bribes you name it.

dubai, you can't trust the Gov't here tomorrow they can come out with a law that you can't sponsor your family. It has been done like the case of the resident visa when you buy properties it is now cancelled. Simple workers like plumbers, construction workers, etc can't sponser their familes by law. I mean this is absurd and just unhuman, i admit that they can't afford to bring their famil here, but you have absolute no right to deny someone bringing and living with his wife and kids it's shambolic.

I personally feel that it is hopeless to hope for the best and i'm still young so i don't want to waste my life hoping but rather would like to make Canada my new home.. Where there is a system and the country welcomes new immgrants and treats them fairly.

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
alice_chained said:
Dear Sagar,

I wouldn't mind if there was hope, i'm speaking specifically about Pakistan and Dubai have no idea about India so i can't comment.

But there is no hope, the moment when Musharaf was shoved out, and this criminal was made president I gave up hope for my country of birth. The elite class has ruined the country, if you have no influences and resources your good as nothing in Pak. Coruption is everywhere and even the common man is corrupt there let alone the govt, ppl steal electricty, bribes you name it.

dubai, you can't trust the Gov't here tomorrow they can come out with a law that you can't sponsor your family. It has been done like the case of the resident visa when you buy properties it is now cancelled. Simple workers like plumbers, construction workers, etc can't sponser their familes by law. I mean this is absurd and just unhuman, i admit that they can't afford to bring their famil here, but you have absolute no right to deny someone bringing and living with his wife and kids it's shambolic.

I personally feel that it is hopeless to hope for the best and i'm still young so i don't want to waste my life hoping but rather would like to make Canada my new home.. Where there is a system and the country welcomes new immgrants and treats them fairly.

alice_chained

I agree you for almost all of you said but maybe not for everything. But I think by making Canada your home ur are atleast in a position to go to your homeland in a better position as a Canadian. You will certainly have an affinity and Love for the Land that will honor you at that Time of your Life.

I hope I am saying the truth. If not please correct me.

Always Hopeful

Hopeful Canadian

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Dear Hopeful,

this is the way i look at it, an immigrant visa is a gesture by Canada that they are willing to let you come live work with them in their country as equal as a person who was born there.

In my opinion, it is the upmost sign of respect that anyone can give you that come live in my house and you are my equal.

So i repect that and pledge myself to my new home.

I don't like it when ppl say that oh why are we going to Canada and leaving our own country behind why this and that, man then don't appy if your so sentimental about it. Nobody is forcing anyone to move nor is begging anyone..

So many ppl are appyling and so many get rejected, so hopefully all of us are the luck ones that got/will get the PR lets just focus on sucess on our new homeland rather than looking back and thinking about how it might have been in our countries of birth...