+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why Unnecessary delay

Ahmedey

Apr 18, 2015
Hi all,
I am Somali- Canadian living Alberta Canada, there seems Unnecessary delays caused by CIC of transferring a file from one visa office to another visa office here is situation I am facing currently so, luckily I married in Istanbul in 2014 young Somali lady which her parents have roots in Somalia but my wife born Middle East and never been on Africa's soil .After sponsoring my wife CİC sent me letter saying " you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in Nairobi Kenya for further processing.This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act " .MY wife Never been to Africa lives Middle East but her file forwarded to Nairobi office. Anyone had similar situation or is this something peculiar, please any answers will be highly appreciated.

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
I have two questions for you.

1. What is your wife's citizenship?
2. What is the country she resides in full time?

The choice of visa office is based on this information.

Ahmedey

Apr 18, 2015
1- My wife's nationality is Somali but born and raised in Middle East (United Arab Emirates
2- she has residence status in Turkey
Thanks for your immediate response

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Ahmedey said:
1- My wife's nationality is Somali but born and raised in Middle East (United Arab Emirates
2- she has residence status in Turkey
Thanks for your immediate response
Ok, so it doesn't matter where she was born or raised. The CIC base it on her nationality which is Somali or her residence which is Turkey.

If she is resident in Turkey and has at least a 1 year visa to live in Turkey then her application can be processed in Ankara.
Her application can also be processed in Nairobi because that is where they process visa's for Somali citizens.

In your wife's case the CIC have chosen to send the application to the country that serves her nationality. I am surprised it was not sent to Turkey because she lives in Turkey now. I can only guess why but maybe it was not clear in the application that she is a resident of Turkey?

Remember the processing time on the CIC website is for 80% of cases. Your wife's case may be processed much faster, especially if no interview.

Ahmedey

Apr 18, 2015
We have submitted medical and security clearance within the sponsorship application in December 2014 after 2 months I received that letter mentioned above, in addition to that her status in Turkey is Refugee which UN recognizes and her status renewed every 6 months as refugee in Turkey. I made contacts to Nairobi Kenya visa office sent fax as well requesting my wife's to be shifted to Ankara Turkey also contacted CIC call centre asking the same to be shifted Ankara but still don't have any satisfactory Answer or promise.
I am worried if such miscommunication may cause unnecessary delays in due course of the process
Thank you

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Ahmedey said:
We have submitted medical and security clearance within the sponsorship application in December 2014 after 2 months I received that letter mentioned above, in addition to that her status in Turkey is Refugee which UN recognizes and her status renewed every 6 months as refugee in Turkey. I made contacts to Nairobi Kenya visa office sent fax as well requesting my wife's to be shifted to Ankara Turkey also contacted CIC call centre asking the same to be shifted Ankara but still don't have any satisfactory Answer or promise.
I am worried if such miscommunication may cause unnecessary delays in due course of the process
Thank you
The fact she is a refugee is important in regards what visa office she is processed at, the 1 year visa allowing a resident to be processed in the office of that country relates to people who are not refugees or under humanitarian protection. This may explain why she is being processed from her country of citizenship which is Somalia.

I do not know the specifics of refugee status and Visa office processing, maybe someone else on this forum can add to my information. Good luck.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Either way, where the application is processed ultimately is not your call. You may request a specific office within your application, but that is about all.