+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why mostly US Residents applying for Canada PR

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Have noticed both in trackit and canadavisa forum, many applicants are resident in USA and some for many years and now wanting to get Canada PR. Wondering what could be the reason
viz., canada is more attractive with regard to living and employment or
canada is easier for getting citizenship/PR or
With canadian PR/Citizenship, can return to US and work with no hastles.

There are also some wanting to apply for canada PR as indirect way of reaching US later.

Is it true that canadian citizen or pr holder can work in usa without a need for workpermit?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion, both of these reasons, Canada is easier for getting citizenship/PR and with Canadian PR/Citizenship, you can return to US and work with no hassles.

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
I think there a lot of people who have their green card currently processing in US and they apply to Canada as a back up due to uncertainity in Green card processing.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada gives you PR and citizenship a lot faster and easier than you can get it in the US. Compared to being on a work visa in the US and losing your job and having to go home, Canada gives you the certainty that you can stay.

It is not true that Canadian PR's and citizens don't need a visa to work in the US. Canadian PR doesn't mean anything in the US as well as if you don't live in Canada enough, you will ultimately lose it again. Canadian citizenship can get you a TN visa to work in the US if you are in the right profession.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
most people find US more attractive to live in still but with the current economic climate, if one is laid off, they may have to leave. the PR process in Canada is a lot easier than the GC process in US.

Personally, i like Canada because (as I put it), its a softer US.