+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is CIC asking for CV, field of study, thesis, supervisors, publications.. ?

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Okay so this is not to verifiy your education or experience?
They would expect WES to verify education details if they have requested for an ECA and they would use the reference letters to verify experience. Most applicants only provide reference letters to prove foreign work experience for 3 years since no additional points are awarded for additional years.

The candidate here states she did two postdoc's - One of these postdoc's would have gotten her maximum CRS points for education and it would have been sufficient to send only one postdoc for evaluation to WES. It is painful enough to get one university to send transcripts to WES let alone two. If only one postdoc was evaluated by WES, CIC may have requested evidence to verify the other although I don't see why they would want to do so since the applicant is already qualified for EE.

From a security stand point, there could be a lot of concerns given that the applicant has specialized knowledge. The candidates NOC 4011 is for university professors/faculty in physics, engineering, computer science etc who are usually extremely qualified and are the cream of the crop in their fields. If the applicant has specialized knowledge in nuclear physics or other biochemical engineering, I guess it would trigger a red flag. Get where i'm going with this?? (I guess I watch too many shows like Homeland :D !!)

All these are basically my guesses as to why they would request such info after having verified R10, A11 etc. I don't think myself or anyone else here in this forum(I could be wrong about this) would be able to give detailed info on why CIC requests these. We can only speculate.

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
They would expect WES to verify education details if they have requested for an ECA and they would use the reference letters to verify experience. Most applicants only provide reference letters to prove foreign work experience for 3 years since no additional points are awarded for additional years.

The candidate here states she did two postdoc's - One of these postdoc's would have gotten her maximum CRS points for education and it would have been sufficient to send only one postdoc for evaluation to WES. It is painful enough to get one university to send transcripts to WES let alone two. If only one postdoc was evaluated by WES, CIC may have requested evidence to verify the other although I don't see why they would want to do so since the applicant is already qualified for EE.

From a security stand point, there could be a lot of concerns given that the applicant has specialized knowledge. The candidates NOC 4011 is for university professors/faculty in physics, engineering, computer science etc who are usually extremely qualified and are the cream of the crop in their fields. If the applicant has specialized knowledge in nuclear physics or other biochemical engineering, I guess it would trigger a red flag. Get where i'm going with this?? (I guess I watch too many shows like Homeland :D !!)

All these are basically my guesses as to why they would request such info after having verified R10, A11 etc. I don't think myself or anyone else here in this forum(I could be wrong about this) would be able to give detailed info on why CIC requests these. We can only speculate.
Hahahhahaha I understand the homeland part. I too sometimes go deep into such stuff. (my fiancee teases me all the time about this:p.)

I agree with you completely, it indeed is speculation but it definitely provides insight. Thank you for your insight dear.
P.S- i see we have similar timelines, hopefully we get the golden e-mail soon. All the best.

Reactions: arrayofhope

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016

I didn't do any research papers nor thesis

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
I didn't do any research papers nor thesis
Its probably got to do with your travel history and they just want more information about where you have been/what you did in the past 10 years.

But then again, you state that they have asked about your future plans when you return to your home country which is kind of strange. Did you apply for a study permit before the PR application?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Its probably got to do with your travel history and they just want more information about where you have been/what you did in the past 10 years.

But then again, you state that they have asked about your future plans when you return to your home country which is kind of strange. Did you apply for a study permit before the PR application?
no. never applied to Canada before PR

and nothing to do with travel history since it's all business travel and I included a signed and stamped company letterhead listing all those travels

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
no. never applied to Canada before PR

and nothing to do with travel history since it's all business travel and I included a signed and stamped company letterhead listing all those travels
I'm guessing it is to do with final security screening. Your previous travels could have raised some concerns, or there may have been some mismatch/overlap in address/employment history that CIC wants to clear up. This is usually why they request Schedule A. But who knows.

Hope you get your PPR soon, looks like you've been waiting a while!!

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
I'm guessing it is to do with final security screening. Your previous travels could have raised some concerns, or there may have been some mismatch/overlap in address/employment history that CIC wants to clear up. This is usually why they request Schedule A. But who knows.

Hope you get your PPR soon, looks like you've been waiting a while!!
thank you

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
as @arrayofhope mentioned earlier, all we can do is speculate, either its a part of extra scrutinising from their part or simply a mistake, CIC is known for making pretty stupid mistakes in some cases.
In either case I think you will be good to go. Do keep us updated dear, whenever you get your PPR. Wish you luck.

decent1984

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
I sent my CV and list of supervisors end of the May and by this time I am quite sure that this is part of their routine process. They ask these documents from certain nationalities like Iranians. I have seen at least 10 cases of this. It has nothing to do with the field of study or the level of education.

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I sent my CV and list of supervisors end of the May and by this time I am quite sure that this is part of their routine process. They ask these documents from certain nationalities like Iranians. I have seen at least 10 cases of this. It has nothing to do with the field of study or the level of education.
Good to know

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hi @decent1984 I also have the same request. Wondering what did you answer for " Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work?". I am currently working in US and have no idea about where I might work in iran.

decent1984

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi @decent1984 I also have the same request. Wondering what did you answer for " Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work?". I am currently working in US and have no idea about where I might work in iran.
I wrote Not Applicable for most of the questions. Wrote "No intention to go back, I am applying for PR" :)

Reactions: KiranK and rxyz

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Yeah, my eligibility is passed and our file went to security screening.
I sent my CV yesterday but the message in the status form has not updated. is it normal? How long it usually take to go from this stage to security check? How long have you been already in security check?