+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why I received another T4 if I was outside Canada

ipsofacto

Apr 13, 2015
Hello everybody,

I have a question to ask you because I was looking on internet and I didnt found any news about it. Basically I have worked for a restaurant in Montreal in 2013 until December 27 2013. I got my regular 2013's T4 from them and I filled (and received) my money from Canada Revenue Agency. I left Canada in April 2014. Yesterday, my ex roomates told me that I received another T4 document from the same restaurant for 2014, but I never work on 2014.
The problem is that now I'm doing my papers to get PR in Canada and I dont want that this T4 or some mistakes could ruin my process.

Is there any of you that have already experienced this issue? What do you suggest me to do? I have already written to my boss asking for information about this, but I'm still waiting his reply. I'm still waiting his reply and I'm scared to ask information to Canada Revenue Agency because I dont want to compromise my immigration process.

Thank you in advance
Francesco

ipsofacto

Apr 13, 2015
Yes. My last day was on December 27, but I received my last check two weeks after, on January 2014. My income for the 2014 are not huge as 2013, there is only 170 dollars.
Should I file this current T4 or can I act as nothing happened/received?

GPSiConsultant

Feb 25, 2015
You should be filing it with your 2014 Income tax return filing! Otherwise CRA will adjust your return to include it. And doing so they may charge penalties and interest. So it is best to include it! The amount in Box 14 on the T4 they issued would represent your last paycheck.

Cheers.