+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why I immigrate to Canada

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hello everyone,

I read a post on this forum posted by Alexcar or something, and i also read the replies of some individuals . I just want to say that people should rethink about the reasons why they chose to immigrate. Coz if you know why you choose to immigrate, you won't complain about any Country and thier immigration rules or conditions.

First of all, if you choose to immigrate because you are searching for greener pastures, then you must be ready to go by the conditions you will meet in that Country (which is what i will do). Betterstill, people should try to make some researches or inquiries about a certain Country before even thinking of immigrating to that Country.We are the ones to make things work for ourselves if we really want to, with the help of some people be it the Government or individuals. So people should not fold thier arms and expect manners to fall from heaven when they immigrate to a Country other than theirs.That is why we should try to accept "whatever" jobs that come our way in Canada for a start while allowing things to change at the right time for us, but hey! when i say whatever job i don't mean people with a certain level of education should go and clean the roads.By the way, what is even wrong in doing that, this is also what i meant by working hard. Some well educated pple start up with low paid jobs and end up being millionaires.At one point, pple should keep down thier pride and go for what keeps them alive. Afterall it is not written on anybody that he/she is a doctor, engineer, or anything of that sort.So , unless you want to anounce to the world that you are a doctor and you are distributing pizza, that is your fault.

Also, i just want to say that, some of us should also realise that as far as we live there is something called "Luck", and you might one day be lucky to get the kind of job that you want.Well, my stongest point here is , pple should re-examine their reasons for immigrating before applying. For me i have calculated without any doubts that immigrating to Canada will definitely be better than where i am now.I mean in every aspect, afterall , Canada is not a third world Country.

We should also accept the fact that, to start with in a country other than yours ,one would probable not have a job in his/her field of studies.As for me, i am planning to immigrate and i have so many reasons for that and no matter how the condition is in Canada, i will still go there and try my best.From what i have seen online i know that some jobs do pay say: 9$ per hr, but i have made up my mind for a 10$ per hr job to be the least and hopefully i will get one while waiting or working hard for a 15$ per hr , then to a 20$ per hr job .NB,my occupation is in the NOC list and i am a Quebec selected applicant waiting for my PR.I am positive and everything will work well for me and my family.Stay positive and everything will be ok.One is not forced to live in Canada forever. Life is about takinf risks, why not consider this Canada stuff as a risk, if you go there and it is not working ( which i don't think that will be the case ), you leave.

So, People here is the big question , WHY DO YOU WANT TO IMMIGRATE ? please read about Canada and compare everything with your present country of residence before answering this question. If you have somany positive thgs about Canada, go for it, but if you have so many negatives, please withdraw and stop complaining, or stop giving mixed feelings to pple who have made up their minds.
Thanks.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bravo Bravo well said.......... Hats off to CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hip Hip Hurrrayyyyyy.

Nicholas!!!!!!

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
BCGUY, that is the way i look at it. I hope i don't fail. Well let me mention tht i am an African currently in China. I understand some Chinese though, that is why i could read your word " Xianada " which is i guess "Gianada"

C

cchabert

WOW!!! Great Post!! I agree 110% Se 'ya in Xianada!! Keep that spirit!!

jotam68

Oct 13, 2008
Miramar, Fl. USA
That's the spirit that we should have to suceed in Canada, I have less than 10 months to prepare for my landing and I'm positive that I will suceed no mather what.......I am living in the US, I have a great job here, but CANADA IS CANADA.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Let me explain in Canada,You start with a low paying job then move upwards quickly,For example Zeala one of the partners in Future Search landed 3 years ago as a new Immigrant First job sales clerk at gift store 9$ an hour 2nd job after 6 Months LA Weight Loss 15$ a hour After 3 Months Left to join Yellow pages rose in 18 Months to among top ten sales in BC,120,000 Dollars a year.Prior to that Zeala was a Manager in a Drug Company in the Philippines.Yasmeen Owner of Future Search landed in Canada 8 years ago First job Medical Secretary Last job before setting up her own company,Regional Manager for Coastal Health Authority Covering Whole city of Vancouver,Richmond,North and West Vancouver,Whistler etc.Prior to that She was Hospital Administrator of National Health Authority in Britain,But she went down to Medical Secretary,Thats the spirit start low but rise quickly

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
Why do people immigrate?

‘In response to the fellow member in this forum, who found it hard to accept why a professor accepted to shovel snow in Canada'

Answering this question may vary from one another but, I think, the one should ask himself why he chooses to leave his own country to the Unknown future.

To leave your own country, the place where you lived most of your life, is a big challenge. I remember the old story about a wise Shepherd who is asked a question by a king about his definition of ‘happiness'.... He answered, ‘ The happiness is to get the rain in your own land, so you enjoy both the land and the rain'

To me, this is the absolute truth about the real meaning of life. What that ancient Arabian shepherd concluded in his answer MAY conclude the reason behind the immigration itself as a notion and as a decision. He meant that nothing is harder than you have to leave your own land to follow the rain fall, in order to feed your sheep,...this movement will force you to leave your soul behind,, the place of your memories, the happy and the sad ones, to another place. To get the rain, without the need to leave your land, is the definite happiness, which will extend your opportunity to enjoy LIVING in your land with dignity and comfort.

Unfortunately, the nowadays LIVING needs are far complex, but the notion behind immigration, in my opinion, stays the same.

Answering the above question is crucial before taking such a decision. Why doctors accept working as cleaners, cap drivers etc is just a repetition of that shepherd story.

Talking about myself, as a prospective immigrant, I fully understand and respect that professor-snow remover who, for sure, is aware of the reasons behind his decision. In other words, as a college lecturer back home and aUK- PhD student now, I would like to state that I would be more than happy to shovel snow in Canada if that helps to improve my two children's future. This has nothing to do with dignity, as the fellow member stated, but it has so much to do with the outlook towards life and its real meaning.

In short, many of us are just shepherds want a better place for themselves and their families.

All the best fellows, ..work hard...and keep positive...remember that ancient Greece philosopher ( Dayojeen) as we pronounce it in Arabic, who used to carry a candle during daylight ... He stayed , for many years of his life , in a barrel !! This barrel provides him a shelter from rain and hot sunlight...and protects him from dogs..

From this prospective, many of us are just (good barrel) seekers. I wish to all of us that Canada will be a good barrel for us.

All the best...and sorry if your find my words ‘nonsense'

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Actually you hit it correctly,You move from a country usually in the third world filled with danger,sickness and violence to a land of safety.prosperity and freedom

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hello raindrop73,

Good words and examples you've got there. Let's keep the spirit alive. Your words are in no way nonesense. They make sense alot.It's high time pple started thinking positively.

Thanks and i wish you good luck which i am positive you will get as you persue your dreams.

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
Hello Chinaconnection,

All the best my friend...keep positive...Canada, though, is not an ideal place..and no place is..

People are who either rise or lower places..so, please, work hard for a better life for you and your family.

All the very best...may God help us all.