+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do all Filipinos need to join PDOS?

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hello, do they still require a PDOS when spouse is on a open permit in New Zealand but gonna go back to the Philippines for a bit before going to Canada as an immigrant??
If the person is immigrating to canada as a PR yes they will need to attend the CGP seminar not PDOS. They will get a sticker that they need to present to immigration officials at NAIA before being allowed to board the plane.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
If the person is immigrating to canada as a PR yes they will need to attend the CGP seminar not PDOS. They will get a sticker that they need to present to immigration officials at NAIA before being allowed to board the plane.
They need GCP if the SPONSOR is a Canadian CITIZEN. If the sponsor is a PR, they need PDOS.

The principal applicant having a work permit in New Zealand does not change anything.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
If the sponsored person is leaving Philippines as a finacee/spouse they need GCP regardless if the sponsor is PR.
The PDOS is for emigrants who are being petitioned /sponsored by their parents, siblings, or immediate family.

@jddd
Where does it say if the sponsor is a PR they must attend PDOS ?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
If the sponsored person is leaving Philippines as a finacee/spouse they need GCP regardless if the sponsor is PR.

@jddd
Wrong. Please see the FAQs from the OFFICIAL CFO website.

https://www.cfo.gov.ph/publications/2-uncategorised/3423-frequently-asked-questions-faqs-gcp.html

Who are required to attend GCP?

Answer: The following are the Filipino migrants who are required to attend the CFO-GCP:

1. Fiancé/e/ spouse/ partner of Foreign national;
  2. Fiancé/e/spouse/ partner of former Filipino citizen;
  3. Fiancé/e / spouse/partners of Filipino with dual citizenship;
If the sponsor is a PR, it MOST likely means that the sponsor is a Filipino citizen ONLY.....UNLESS, the sponsor is a PR who also holds some other foreign citizenship.

Per the official website, GCP is ONLY for the fiancee/Spouse/partner of numbers 1, 2 and 3 above.

Logically speaking, everyone else needs PDOS.

NewDad

Jan 1, 2013
My wife also thought it was PDOS, because she had friend in Canada who needed it, but the sponsor was a Canadian permanent resident in their case, NOT a Canadian citizen. Since StephanH is Canadian citizen, GCP is the correct one here.

Also, good luck. Had to fill the form 9 to 10 times. It's fresh wound for me so brace for sarcasm.

Not sure what it was, but started to get paranoid after 5 to 6 tries and suspect everything of causing the form to fail.

It seems like the form does not work on chrome or a non windows computer.

They suggest internet explorer only, which is great considering microsoft is phasing out internet explorer and edge will become a microsoft branded chrome clone (same code base). Which means it won't work anymore with edge either... (Great forward thinking there!)

The form ask for you middlename. Even if you don't have one, you will be force to give one. I tried enter "not/applicable" or "n/a" but after 10 times filling the form with errors I got paranoid and stop using any special character. So now my middlename is something like "none"

Then still failing, I figured, maybe I can't use my address in the philippines as the foreign sponsor. So i entered my parents address in canada.
Again, fun thing. They won't let you enter letter in the zip/postal code. Which is great for Canadian postal code!

Also when entering address in manila, you can't just type in what you want. You need to select the province first. They split NCR into 4 zones. So you got to open each one to figure out where your city is.
There is like 2 to 4 city per zone. It seems like they got there and thought, what could we do to make the form even more tedious?
Obviously instead of using the standard select field they did something custom, which prompt the browser auto complete OVER the choices. So unless your browser don't have auto complete suggestion, selecting your city without being able to see what you click on is again really nice!

They are crazy over reaching. Asking for all kind of thing like your religion and education level, your mom maiden name, pictures of you and your wife together.

With the quality of the form and the amount of info they ask it looks like a bad phishing attempt.

Seriously the form looks like it was coded by a 15 years old learning how to code with the foresight of an intern.
I guess, when in doubt of what information to ask for, why not ask for everything right?

Took me almost an hour just to get the bar code. You need to arrive early to fill a form. So a full day even if it claims to be only 3 hours.
Sorry to quote your whole post but it is SO pertinent to what I am going through. It has taken me days or submitting that form to Cebu CFO and still I get the same error message. I tried Windows 10, Windows 7, Chrome, Edge, and I even opened up the old Internet Explorer to try and get the form to "Save" and send a bar code. We tried phoning (not in service). We tried emailing to several email addresses. . even sending screen shots of the form and error . No reply. We tried contacting them on their Facebook, only to be told "Sorry this is the Manila Facebook and you need to contact Cebu unless you want to fly to Manila and get a hotel for 2 nights and fly back" We tried submitting early in the morning, late at night, during office hours and during weekends. Nothing worked.

So let me ask what happens if you show up with the reason why you have no bar code but you do not have the bar code? Let me also ask: If a 5 year old is coming to Canada WITH his mother can he go with her to the seminar? He is an extreme Momma's boy and would freak out if she left him with me or with a sitter all day.

At this point all she can do is show up on the morning that they do seminars for Canada and hope they will help her. Any advice from anyone?

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Wrong. Please see the FAQs from the OFFICIAL CFO website.

https://www.cfo.gov.ph/publications/2-uncategorised/3423-frequently-asked-questions-faqs-gcp.html

Who are required to attend GCP?

Answer: The following are the Filipino migrants who are required to attend the CFO-GCP:

1. Fiancé/e/ spouse/ partner of Foreign national;
  2. Fiancé/e/spouse/ partner of former Filipino citizen;
  3. Fiancé/e / spouse/partners of Filipino with dual citizenship;
If the sponsor is a PR, it MOST likely means that the sponsor is a Filipino citizen ONLY.....UNLESS, the sponsor is a PR who also holds some other foreign citizenship.

Per the official website, GCP is ONLY for the fiancee/Spouse/partner of numbers 1, 2 and 3 above.

Logically speaking, everyone else needs PDOS.
what if a sponsor is a Permanent Resident of Canada but not a Filipino. In this case, does the Filipino wife needs to get PDOS or GCP?