+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why did MIFI returned documents asking for IRCC letter when this was already included?

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
Any updates from anyone? I have been trying to speak to a human at IRCC but never get through. I call 5-10 times per day. This is so frustrating.

jachan

Mar 11, 2022
Montreal
Reactions: Cali2Quebec

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04

jachan

Mar 11, 2022
Montreal
@Cali2Quebec @liste Two days after the eligibility status was updated to "completed", I received this letter:

"Date: [ ]
UCI: [ ]
Application: [ ]
Category: [ ]

Name:[ ]
Address: [ ]

This confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In
Canada Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on [date ]
on behalf of the following family member(s):

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT: Name [ ]

Provincial Requirements for Residents of Québec
As a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial
Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la
Francisation et de l'Intégration (MIFI) website at :

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html

Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIFI at the address provided in the
provincial guide within 30 days from the date of this letter. Do not submit any of the MIFI forms to this
office as they will only be returned to you.

You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIFI. If you
received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. You
may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking application to MIFI.

For further information regarding provincial requirements, please contact the Province of Québec
General Inquiries Services at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191.
If you have already received your Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ), please submit the
document. If you have not yet received your CSQ, please provide evidence that you have
submitted the undertaking application to MIFI. (...) "

Hopefully, this is it!

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
@jachan this is fantastic news!!!

My wife actually received the same letter this evening. I plan to repackage the documents and send to MIFI tomorrow. What a relief. I know it's not the end, but it is progress.

Good luck on the next step.

Reactions: liste and jachan

liste

Mar 27, 2021
Awesomeness, thank you both! I just received the letter too! I am ecstatic. We will repackage and send it in with the newest letter. Thank you for your support - it helped me to know I wasn't alone trying to figure out what to do.

Karelijä

Mar 1, 2022
Hi everyone I'm actually so happy I found this thread because I'm on the same boat with the CSQ request letter.
about two weeks after my sponsor's eligibility status was updated to completed he received an email containing a pdf. It starts like this :

"This confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In
Canada Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2022-02

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT:"

Is this the letter MIFI is looking for? because it does mention on the same pdf:
"You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIFI."

Neither of us has received a secondary email that states clearly my sponsor has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

Any thoughts or opinions on this one? It's much appreciated!

Karelijä

Mar 1, 2022
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help with two question I had regarding A-0546-GF (Formulaire d’engagement),

My husband and I have an Inland application, He is sponcering me only, My first question is is he supposed to fill out both section 2(Renseignements sur votre conjoint ou conjointe (s’il y a lieu)) and 3 (Renseignements sur la personne parrainée principal) ?

Does section 2 even apply to us?

My second question Is regarding section 4 (4. Renseignements sur les membres de la famille de la personne parrainée principal);

Is my sponsor supposed to fill this part with his information and name? and do we say Oui to Cette personne vous accompagne-t-elle au Québec
if we are already in Quebec?

Thank you!

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
Hi everyone I'm actually so happy I found this thread because I'm on the same boat with the CSQ request letter.
about two weeks after my sponsor's eligibility status was updated to completed he received an email containing a pdf. It starts like this :

"This confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In
Canada Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2022-02

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT:"

Is this the letter MIFI is looking for? because it does mention on the same pdf:
"You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIFI."

Neither of us has received a secondary email that states clearly my sponsor has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

Any thoughts or opinions on this one? It's much appreciated!
That looks like the correct letter. What is the subject line of the email? Mine read "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland CSQ Request [application number]"

Regarding your other questions:

A) We left Section 2 blank since I am the spouse and the primary sponsored person. This section seems like it is reserved for an application where a couple is sponsoring a child, parent, or other. Since you are not a resident, citizen, or co-sponsor this section shouldn't apply to you. Can't say if this is 100% correct, but that is how we interpreted the form. Documents have been sent to MIFI on Saturday. If it is wrong, they are usually pretty quick to send it back to me.
Section 3 is where we put my information as the primary sponsored person and checked the first option Époux ou épouse.

B) Section 4 should be your information since you are the sponsored person, la personne parainée principale. We checked OUI. Same deal, we are already in Quebec, but we came together. I was worried that checking NON would be interpreted as I am arriving separately.

Karelijä

Mar 1, 2022
That looks like the correct letter. What is the subject line of the email? Mine read "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland CSQ Request [application number]"

Regarding your other questions:

A) We left Section 2 blank since I am the spouse and the primary sponsored person. This section seems like it is reserved for an application where a couple is sponsoring a child, parent, or other. Since you are not a resident, citizen, or co-sponsor this section shouldn't apply to you. Can't say if this is 100% correct, but that is how we interpreted the form. Documents have been sent to MIFI on Saturday. If it is wrong, they are usually pretty quick to send it back to me.
Section 3 is where we put my information as the primary sponsored person and checked the first option Époux ou épouse.

B) Section 4 should be your information since you are the sponsored person, la personne parainée principale. We checked OUI. Same deal, we are already in Quebec, but we came together. I was worried that checking NON would be interpreted as I am arriving separately.

Thank you for your fast reply!

The subject line to my email was " Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland CSQ Request [application number]"
So the same as yours basically.

For section 2 that was my interpretation as well, it makes sense since this is a general form for people with different sponsoring circumstances.
For section 3 I also put my information as the main sponsored person and spouse, but for section 4 I have put my sponsor's information and his name since the question seems to be addressing the main sponsored person(me).

Section 4 is a confusing one for sure, I tried calling MIFI today but they're unavailable until Thursday. I am not even sure if they can answer specific questions like this, I know they won't respond to case-specific enquiries via email.

May I also ask about your method of payment?

Reactions: Cali2Quebec

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
Thank you for your fast reply!

The subject line to my email was " Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland CSQ Request [application number]"
So the same as yours basically.

For section 2 that was my interpretation as well, it makes sense since this is a general form for people with different sponsoring circumstances.
For section 3 I also put my information as the main sponsored person and spouse, but for section 4 I have put my sponsor's information and his name since the question seems to be addressing the main sponsored person(me).

Section 4 is a confusing one for sure, I tried calling MIFI today but they're unavailable until Thursday. I am not even sure if they can answer specific questions like this, I know they won't respond to case-specific enquiries via email.

May I also ask about your method of payment?
You are right about Section 4. I mixed my words. I complete Section 4 just as you said, putting my spouse (who is also my sponsor).

MIFI is much easier to contact vs. IRCC. I was able to get a different question answered over the phone.

Reactions: Karelijä

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
@Karelijä we filled out the paper form to pay by credit card.

Reactions: Karelijä

henrik_12345

Sep 19, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'm really confused about this too. I received the letter you mentioned above:

This confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In
Canada Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2022-10-06
on behalf of the following family member..
)
That mentioned I need to submit the undertaking application within 30 days.

However not the one saying that the sponsor met the requirements as a sponsor:
(https://sites.google.com/view/canadaspousalsponsorship201820/home/forms/quebec/csq-request)

So did any of you send just that first one and got accepted, Or do I need to wait for another letter?

Thanks

Reactions: mach3.0

mach3.0

Nov 10, 2022
I
Hi everyone,

I'm really confused about this too. I received the letter you mentioned above:

)
That mentioned I need to submit the undertaking application within 30 days.

However not the one saying that the sponsor met the requirements as a sponsor:
(https://sites.google.com/view/canadaspousalsponsorship201820/home/forms/quebec/csq-request)

So did any of you send just that first one and got accepted, Or do I need to wait for another letter?

Thanks
I am also in the same boat as you. Perhaps some people from the previous comments could help us figure it out? Was the letter that doesnt mention that the sponsor met the requirements enough? @Karelijä, @jachan

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
I

I am also in the same boat as you. Perhaps some people from the previous comments could help us figure it out? Was the letter that doesnt mention that the sponsor met the requirements enough? @Karelijä, @jachan
Hello. That is not the letter that you need. While it is a nice reminder that your application is in the right hands, it does not provide the infomration that MIFI needs to proceed with your provincial application. I sent that letter two times and MIFI sent my packet back two times.

Save yourselves some money, keep being patient for the correct letter then send your package just once. Really validate all your documents well so you are confident that when you do send it, there is nothing missing.

Hope this helps. Hang in there!!

Reactions: jachan and mach3.0