Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
Friends...lets be focused on the topic in this forum ie; why Canada while Australia is easier?

Any Australian visa process application queries can be dealt with specific forums below;

http://www.australianvisaforum.com/

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/

This is Canada Visa forum and we are just discussing pros & cons of immigration between Australia & Canada...

alaa_saleh

May 31, 2013
Hi All,

I am whom write this topic but when the topic become in the second page in the forum without any reply, I stopped following it. Today, when I read all the replies, I found some guys that understand why I wrote "why Canada while Australia is easier" while other think of Australia as a third-world country.

What I meant by "easier" is you can get PR from Australia in less than one year while in Canada only god know. If I compared FSW to Australia Skill Select, the eligible occupation in Canada are 24 while in Australia are around 187, the cap in Canada is 300 while in Australia it depends on the occupation, it varies from 120 to 13,000 and for 2012 only 6 occupations reach the cap limit (Chemical and Materials Engineers, ICT Business & System Analysts, Electronic Engineers, Telecommunications Engineering Professionals, Other Engineering Professionals, Software and Application Programmers).

Also, in Australia you can get PR through a state sponsorship without Job offer and without a family member or friend lives in that state.

I found that main advantage for Australia over Canada is the weather, and for Canada over Australia is the cost of living.

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application. Overall 8.0
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
04-12-2012 & RPRF Request Received
Med's Done....
3rd line updated - Meds Received 13/01/2013 & RPRF encashed 21/12/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
alaa_saleh said:
Hi All,

I am whom write this topic but when the topic become in the second page in the forum without any reply, I stopped following it. Today, when I read all the replies, I found some guys that understand why I wrote "why Canada while Australia is easier" while other think of Australia as a third-world country.

What I meant by "easier" is you can get PR from Australia in less than one year while in Canada only god know. If I compared FSW to Australia Skill Select, the eligible occupation in Canada are 24 while in Australia are around 187, the cap in Canada is 300 while in Australia it depends on the occupation, it varies from 120 to 13,000 and for 2012 only 6 occupations reach the cap limit (Chemical and Materials Engineers, ICT Business & System Analysts, Electronic Engineers, Telecommunications Engineering Professionals, Other Engineering Professionals, Software and Application Programmers).

Also, in Australia you can get PR through a state sponsorship without Job offer and without a family member or friend lives in that state.

I found that main advantage for Australia over Canada is the weather, and for Canada over Australia is the cost of living.
Rightly Said Saleh...But Current scenario is that Australian Immigration has tightened screws on applicants by applying Skill Select and EOI model...however qualified you would be but it all depends on when they invite you to apply and post that your process would start... Plus they have the benchmark for IELTS as well. I have so many friends struggling to apply for PR in Oz...Finally they end up taking student visas after student visas to extend their stay and find a way out to get PR...

Employer Sponsored Visa is tough too... I worked for the Biggest Hotel chain in Oz and they have so many opportunities yet the HR team dosen't want to get into the immigration hassle and prefer locals even if they are less qualified.

State Sponsored is the easiest provided your occupation is on the list... I personally guided my Brother in Law to apply last year and he received NSW state sponsorship within a week and then he applied for PR ....His PR was granted in 20 days !!!

Agreed on Canada part as it is getting tough recently... I received my Canada PR in 11 months this January from Sydney, Australia visa office. Soon even Canada would adopt the EOI model once they streamline the immigration process....

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
i haven't read australia's website thoroughly but that's nice to know that they have state sponsorship which does not require job offer or any relative living in the state. thanks for elaborating the "easier" part so that it would not be misunderstood by others.

by the way, who was thinking that australia is a third-world country? ???

thanks for sharing, harry and to abhijeet for focusing on the topic here.

alaa_saleh said:
Hi All,

alaa_saleh

May 31, 2013
abhijeet9k said:
Rightly Said Saleh...But Current scenario is that Australian Immigration has tightened screws on applicants by applying Skill Select and EOI model...however qualified you would be but it all depends on when they invite you to apply and post that your process would start... Plus they have the benchmark for IELTS as well. I have so many friends struggling to apply for PR in Oz...Finally they end up taking student visas after student visas to extend their stay and find a way out to get PR...

Employer Sponsored Visa is tough too... I worked for the Biggest Hotel chain in Oz and they have so many opportunities yet the HR team dosen't want to get into the immigration hassle and prefer locals even if they are less qualified.

State Sponsored is the easiest provided your occupation is on the list... I personally guided my Brother in Law to apply last year and he received NSW state sponsorship within a week and then he applied for PR ....His PR was granted in 20 days !!!

Agreed on Canada part as it is getting tough recently... I received my Canada PR in 11 months this January from Sydney, Australia visa office. Soon even Canada would adopt the EOI model once they streamline the immigration process....
For the EoI part, it took time to receive the invitation at the first 4 months of introducing it, but in the last 6 months, if I have 60 points, then you will get the invitation in 14 days maximum.

For the IELTS, to be eligible you should get 6 in each part, if you get 7 in each part, then you will have 10 points, and if you get 8 in each part, you will have 20 points. I noticed that Canada is following Australia in this part, they increased the awarded points for English profitability and decreased the awarded points for work experience.

alaa_saleh

May 31, 2013
Another point which one of the members mentioned; everything in Australian process to get a PR is electronic and through email and soft-copies. But to get your university certificate recognized, it take more time than WES, in my case 4 weeks.

The application fees in Australia costs around 3,250$ rather than 1,250$ for Canada (in my case).

For me, If I got a PR from one of these two countries, I will be very happy :)

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
what about the benefits of a PR in australia? is the tax higher or lower than in canada?

they say, (public) education is free in canada. is it the same in au?

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
can any one tell how much child benefit can anyone get in australia. in canada it is 230-250$ per child.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
A Comparison of Australian and Canadian Immigration Policies and Labour Market Outcomes (PDF, 52 pages, 2004)

Aslo see similar "Canada vs Australia" threads below:

Australia Vs Canada Immigration

zulkfal said:
Pros and Cons

1) Australia is much faster than Canada, Canada changed their system but still can't compete with Australia
2) Salaries are little higher in Australia but similarly check IMF world purchasing index Australia ranks higher than Canada so no much difference
3) Canadian employer like Canadian experience, but Australian employers don't put much weight on Australian experience to give job but will help to negotiate higher salary
4) Weather don't ask Canada is no way comparable to Auz
5) Job opportunities in both countries
6) Worst case for Australia is racism in Australia much higher, Canada is not clean it has but lowest in any western country

canada vs australia

satish_lkb said:
Canada

1. Opportunities/potential - more than Australia
2. Proximity to USA - More scope
3. After initial struggle - better life
4. Less Racism
5. Cost of living low compared to Australia
6. Lower housing costs
7. Have to face extreme climate
8. Most of the International qualifications not accepted

Australia

1. Have to limit yourself within the Island
2. High cost of living
3. Racism more than Canada
4. Good climate - sometimes more temperature
5. International qualifications accepted

Above are some of the points, I noticed through various sites/forums etc. Others can comment, please....

Satish

Without a person having experience of both the Canadian and Australian immigration process and also living/working in both locations, its somewhat difficult to compare both of countries, its difficult for anyone here to simply say Canada/Australia is better/worst than Australia/Canada.

And somehow, I really don't get the impression that any some perspective PR applicant here on CanadaVisa are actually weighing the pros/cons of both countries and then making an informed decision.

It seems like a some perspective PR applicants are simply applying to whichever country appears to have the "simplest" application process.....there does not seem is no to be "informed" decision taking place.

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
i disagree on people applying to a country because it has simplest application process. if you've read the reasons why a forum member (lloydnina) chose canada, it's not all about because the application was easy. i guess we have this topic NOT because we want to discuss a right detailed decision making to reach a conclusion that ca is better than au or vice versa. everything that's shared in a forum is always a biased comment. people i think just want to hear others' opinion about these countries based on their experiences and not on a systematic kind of way.

cheers!

donutbox said:
A Comparison of Australian and Canadian Immigration Policies and Labour Market Outcomes (PDF, 52 pages, 2004)

Aslo see similar "Canada vs Australia" threads below:

Australia Vs Canada Immigration

canada vs australia

Without a person having experience of both the Canadian and Australian immigration process and also living/working in both locations, its somewhat difficult to compare both of countries, its difficult for anyone here to simply say Canada/Australia is better/worst than Australia/Canada.

And somehow, I really don't get the impression that any perspective PR applicant here on CanadaVisa is actually weighing the pros/cons of both countries and then making an informed decision.

It seems like a perspective PR applicant is simply apply applying to whichever country (appears to) have the "simplest" application process.....there is no "informed" decision taking place.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Ok. I have noted your points.

I still stand by the same impression I had previously, I have however amended my original post (you can see the "strikethrough" amendments in my post above).

By the way, I do not particularly have a problem with applying to a country simply because it has the "simplest application process". If that's the motivation for someone applying, just say so...stop beating around the bush. Actually, I would consider applying to the country I perceived as being the "easiest" (assuming it's a country I actually like). Others who are applying though might have other things that they need to also take into consideration before applying.

Despite being motivated to apply to a country because it's the "easiest", I would then do the necessary detailed background checks etc, etc on the country to then make an informed decision on why apply for "this" country instead of "that" country. By the time I actually file an application I would be quite familiar with the details of the country, the application process etc, etc.

Australia strikes me as having a more "straight forward" PR application process. The cost appears to be more though. My biggest concern with Australian PR application process would be the ECA process, it seems to be an "involved" process.....compared to the Canadian ECA process (WES in particular, using WES is simple).

Note also, that unlike Canada where its mainly your educational credential that is being assessed, in Australia (, my understanding is,) it's your actual work skills/experience that are being assessed along with your educational credential(s). This is done in Australia by the professional association that your occupation is affiliated with. And this assessment for Australian PR is being done by people (at the professional association) who actually know the profession and understand your stated skills/experience......the skills "assessment" is not being done by immigration officers.

So for example, the NOC 2174 and 2147 type applicants (see the Australian "NOC" equivalents below), it's the Australian Computer Society (ACS) and the Engineers Australia that does the assessment.

261111 - ICT business Analyst - ACS
261112 - Systems Analyst - ACS
263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer - ACS

263311 - Telecommunications Engineer - Engineers Australia
263312 - Telecommunications Network Engineer - Engineers Australia
313213 - Telecommunications Network Planner - Engineers Australia
313214 - Telecommunications Technical Officer or Technologist - Engineers Australia

However, in spite of the (apparent/supposed) difficulty of filing a Canadian PR application, I would most likely gravitate towards Canada because I am more familiar with Canada, but more importantly, I am more familiar with the Canadian PR application process (thanks to CanadaVisa forums). I am yet to find an equivalent active "AustraliaVisa" forum online. I have seen other Australian immigration sites, but the quality of the content is relatively poor.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with forum member lloydnina posts, can you provide links to the specific posts you are referring to?

myluckyprincess said:
i disagree on people applying to a country because it has simplest application process. if you've read the reasons why a forum member (lloydnina) chose canada, it's not all about because the application was easy. i guess we have this topic NOT because we want to discuss a right detailed decision making to reach a conclusion that ca is better than au or vice versa. everything that's shared in a forum is always a biased comment. people i think just want to hear others' opinion about these countries based on their experiences and not on a systematic kind of way.

cheers!

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
thanks for sharing your views, donutbox.

here's the link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/this-is-my-story-immigrant-landed-jan-2013-t151539.0.html

lloydnina said:
That is a good question. If i just want money then i would stay in Australia. Australia pays more than Canada and opportunities are more too. Weather is perfect just like asian weather. Attitudes? well, they say there is racism in Australia but seriously i have not encountered even one incident. The main reason is Family. My wife's relatives are just across the boarder ( US ) so its very easy for us to visit them or vice versa. Secondly, since we were children, we dream of white christmas- so one dream ticked. Thirdly, Australia pays more but more living expenses ( apart from car insurance which is extremely high here ). In Canada, you can buy a house for 280k-350k but in Australia you will only get a one bedroom apartment in a province for such amount. Also, Car here is 30% cheaper. So, i would say if you are an average earner here, say $20-25$/ hr, then you would live a decent life but not down under. and i forgot to mention that Canada is more diverse culturally, i mean, there are a lot of ethnicity here so being an immigrant is just temporary.

If you want Money, Go to the land of the Wallabies! but if you want simple but decent life then go here, the land of the overflowing maple syrup!

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
just wanna share this. the article was shared by bryan98 in Think about it again topic.

some things to ponder on:

The most dramatic changes come next year, when Kenney says the government will scrap the decades-old points system in favour of something he calls an “expression of interest,” based on the skilled-worker systems in Australia and New Zealand.

It would be a substantial shift and also an admission by the federal government that the points system, the cornerstone of Canada's immigration system for the past 50 years, hasn't worked. “I wouldn't say it's been a failure,” Kenney says, “but the outcomes have been underwhelming.”

in my opinion, i hope the big change in canadian immigration process won't take so much time:

If they [prospective immigrants] pass, they'll be put into a pool of people approved for immigration. Employers can browse lists of workers, and if they find an employee they want to hire they can apply to bring them over within a year, rather than the typical five-year wait list for the skilled-worker program. “It's like a dating service to connect employers with prospective immigrants,” says Kenney.

...let employers decide which of the world's skilled workers it needs and leave governments the job of ensuring companies and immigrants don't abuse the privilege. “The biggest flaw in the Canadian system is that you have a system where bureaucrats in Ottawa decide who has the right skill set to contribute to the Canadian economy,”....
bryan98 said:

B2sidhu

Apr 10, 2013
harry_aussie said:
Hiteshdand, having Canadian and Australian residencies, I can say that you really need to brush up your knowledge about Australia. Little knowlege is a dangerous thing. Do you know the strength of an Australian passport ?. All the countries you have mentioned can be travelled on an Aussie passport without a visa. I don't think a 14 hr flight to US can really end the options of job exploration and business.
Harry bha ji i wanna contact with u can u pls send me ur contact number or mail id at my
E-mail: sidhu22sidhu@gmail.com
Thanks Sidhu