+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why are so many photos for PR cards rejected?

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I asked this question in another post, but the problem occurs so frequently that it is a good idea to list the reasons for rejection, so that others may avoid the problem.

The problem is perplexing, since in some cases a family of four applied for PR cards, but only one member's photos were rejected. I assume that all photos were taken at the same time, by the same photographer, so why was only one rejected and three accepted?

Thanks on advance to those who have had photos rejected -- for explaining why it happened.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Photos taken by the same photographer can still be different. Even with the same setup, one family member sticks their face a bit closer to the camera and their head ends up .5mm too big in the photo or the other way around, they arch back and the head is too small.

I have had a pic rejected and they said it was because my head was too big although measuring it with a ruler myself, I could hardly see it. A fraction of an mm, not even .5mm. The next time I went to get a pic for PR, I made sure to check my photo against the specs before leaving the photographer and when it didn't fit, I asked him to do it over. That store was actually full of kids who didn't really know how to set up and after re-doing it and it was still the same, I asked for my money back and went to another photographer. Some photographers will also offer you, if you have brought the specs and the picture is still rejected that they will re-do it for free.

Just make sure you have the specs with you when you go and make sure you are all looking straight at the camera and serious and that the size of the pic, size of head and background are ok.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
qorax said:
One thing I've noticed here (over the many forums) that this PR card's photo situation occurs mostly in cases where the PRs have landed & returned. Yes, there r couple of cases where this happened with "present-in-Canada" cases as well - but the ratio is more tilted towards the others.

Does CIC purposefully do that?
Just my thought...

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
gjp said:
Qorax,
I think it is not done purposefully.

The reason why we notice this kind of situation in the forum is, only people who landed and returned post this question in the forums. Landed immigrants in Canada just go to the office to take the pictures again and they do not report it to the forum since it is not a hassle for them.
qorax said:
Yes, perfectly put Brother.
However, why I thought otherwise is 'coz I know scores & scores of ppl here, who never had an issue & neither they heard anyone else having such an issue.

As for my own COPR pics, I didn't even bother to read the specs (now I'm aware though) & neither did I visit a studio to click them. I just printed the same pics, which I had sent for meds, on my system & submitted it to CHC... and things went fine. I might have been plain lucky ! I get the jitters though, nowadays, when I think of that stupidity.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
qorax said:
Moreover, these pics r scanned & then printed directly on the PR cards, as well as Hologramed. Both the actions require formating over a computer (& the ones on the cards aren't of the same size too, as submitted by us). So, why the worry (of correct sizing while sending)?

Qorax

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why worry? Because if the VO is in a bad mood, they can reject your photo because your head is .5mm too big. Happened to me. That means a delay in your PR card and the hassle of re-doing the photos.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Leon said:
Why worry? Because if the VO is in a bad mood, they can reject your photo because your head is .5mm too big. Happened to me. That means a delay in your PR card and the hassle of re-doing the photos.
Leon,

That "why the worry" was for the VOs.
This is exactly what I do not understand... as per ENF 27 - Permanent Resident Card (2006-01-26 25) -- The CPC-PRC in Sydney is responsible for receiving and assessing applications for PR cards. In approved cases, the CPC-PRC transfers client data electronically to the Card Production Facility (CPF), currently at Kingston. The card is printed at the CPF and shipped to the inland CIC designated for PR card distribution in the applicant’s area. The CPC-PRC
issues cards that are valid either for one year or five years. (Standard issue: Five-year validity, as stated in R54(1), from the date of issue).

This entire production process is electronic. Specifically to the pictures, which can be modified to suit/contain in the area provided. And I've noticed that the hologram is just a miniature of the main pic. Thus, both or either, could be manipulated on their system while pre-production. Which, I'm sure they do anyway, 'coz the ones we provide with the Pps Submission (post PPR) and the one printed on the card isn't of the same specs, as I see it. The card ones are just plain "head" - with a slight silhoutte of the torso.

So, if that was being done at CPF-Kingston, then why fret over the correct specs? Unless, of course, if the original photo was over, or under, exposed. Which is why I submise that probably CIC does it (calling the PR again for the pics) on purpose - for guys who are out-of-country.

Qorax

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Which is why I submise that probably CIC does it (calling the PR again for the pics) on purpose - for guys who are out-of-country.
I agree qorax. But I assume they might do it to ensure the cards are mailed to the right person and to reduce chances of going astray... In my friend's case, their photos for 3 members of the family were all rejected despite the fact that they were of different specifications! In addition, if it is just the wrong photo, why do they ask to submit them in person? They could just ask them to be sent by mail, couldn't they?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wpc71 said:
I agree qorax. But I assume they might do it to ensure the cards are mailed to the right person and to reduce chances of going astray... In my friend's case, their photos for 3 members of the family were all rejected despite the fact that they were of different specifications! In addition, if it is just the wrong photo, why do they ask to submit them in person? They could just ask them to be sent by mail, couldn't they?
Yep, that's why I wonder!
Qorax

tran

May 10, 2009
qorax said:
Yep, that's why I wonder!
Qorax
CIC Calgary gives you the option to mail or hand in personally the photo. Why is it not applicable to all CICs across Canada? Why the need to hand in personally when there is
already an old photo on file for comparison?