+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who's actually applied for a BOWP after IEC?

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Plenty of people, myself included. What do you want to know?

mathewredfearn

May 10, 2015
What are you applying based on, AOR/ invertation to apply? Will it negatively affect our PR if they think we're applying knowing we will get denied just to get the extra time working on implied status?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applied based on having a PR application submitted and my background check had changed to in progress.
Doesn't impact other applications, even if it gets rejected.

mathewredfearn

May 10, 2015
For me I have yet to be selected to apply for PR and am just waiting in the pool. If I do apply it will get denied but just worried it might effect my PR as I don't meet the eligiblty to apply...

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
What did you send with your BOWP application Purplesnow? I'm the same, applied when my application was background check "in progress", but I just sent my automatic AOR in support of it though. Did you send a print screen to show your background check was in progress or something? Cant believe it's taking them 96 days to process BOWPs but you cant apply until your visa is 4 months from expiry, classic CIC catch-22 scenario

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually sent the application online as it was coming close to the end of my IEC so at least my two applications are through the same MYCIC account. I did send through the first AOR I received because I never got another after that and with the length of time its taking to process the BOWP's and their 6 month PR processing target, I figured by the time they get to mine I'll either have PR or have passed far enough through the system to have the eligibility stuff passed to get the BOWP.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Pretty much exactly the same here, I applied online and hope to get my PR before they get to my BOWP, but it's a backup in case they don't. I could really use the extra year's visa now though, if only to extend my current work contract. Ah well, it's a fortunate situation to be in compared to some people I suppose. Good luck, hopefully we get our PPRs soon and it all becomes irrelevant

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same, I want PR before they star the BOWP process, mainly cause I want those fees back but its worth it to be able to stay on and work for the next while anyway. Hopefully it all works out soon!

mathewredfearn

May 10, 2015
Has anyone applied for new work permit after IEC and been denied? I'm just wondering what was said on the denial letter??