+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who to include on Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

jordan399

Sep 7, 2009
Hi all,

I'm a bit confused about how to fill out the IMM 5406.

According to the guide any members of my family (whether travelling with me or not) will need to get a medical check done (which seem ridiculous in my opinion). For the 5406 form do I include all family members (ie my parents, brother and sister - none of which live with me) or just my family unit (my wife, son and myself)?

thanks,

jomar13

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You dont have to include your parents, brother and sisters!!! They're not include in a family class sponsorship application!!! You only may include is your wife, your son/daughter!!!

Goodluck

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
I had that same confusion when i first saw that part of the application. I found later in one of the guides that they consider family to be just as jomar stated, spouse and dependents.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Hold on there.

There are TWO forms where you have to fill in family members information.

One is the IMM 5406 form. There you list all your parents, spouse/common-law partner, siblings and children, no matter what citizenship they have or if they are coming with you. You have to fill that out and include it with the application. So here you list your mom, your dad, your wife and any brothers and sisters you have. These do NOT have to take a medical exam.

The other is the IMM 0008 form, page 2. There you include only dependant children and/or spouse, common-law partner that are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada. Anyone you list here has to do the medical examination. So in your case, since you have no children, you cross out this section.

navdeep02

Sep 10, 2009
you have to inform all dependents and family members else if you dont and later you want to sponsor them you wont be able too cause of mis-representation under a regulation. those family members will be banned from canada forever.. so family members accompanying or not accompanying please make sure you include everyone

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
mitamata said:
Hold on there.

One is the IMM 5406 form. There you list all your parents, spouse/common-law partner, siblings and children, no matter what citizenship they have or if they are coming with you. You have to fill that out and include it with the application. So here you list your mom, your dad, your wife and any brothers and sisters you have. These do NOT have to take a medical exam.

The other is the IMM 0008 form, page 2. There you include only dependant children and/or spouse, common-law partner that are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada. Anyone you list here has to do the medical examination. So in your case, since you have no children, you cross out this section.
HI mitamata,,

got a confusion there... do i have to fill it up.. i mean with name of my parents & brothers if i would be sponsored by my husband????

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
badhet said:
mitamata said:
Hold on there.

HI mitamata,,

got a confusion there... do i have to fill it up.. i mean with name of my parents & brothers if i would be sponsored by my husband????
As she said, you need to include your mom, dad, bro/sis on form IMM 5406, so you will be able to sponsor them sometime in the future. They do not have to take medical exam.

IMM 0008 request you to list only family members (spouse, dependent children) who are NOT in Canada already. All listed on that form has to take medical exam whether they are accompanying you or not.

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
hi skokica,

i have check my IMM5406.. section A... asking my spouse name... do i have to write the name of my husband who's goin to sponsor me...

it also stated there that... i have to sign it certifying that i have no spouse-common low partner etc.

pls. enlighten me

thanks

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
badhet said:
hi skokica,

i have check my IMM5406.. section A... asking my spouse name... do i have to write the name of my husband who's goin to sponsor me...

it also stated there that... i have to sign it certifying that i have no spouse-common low partner etc.

pls. enlighten me

thanks
Yes on form IMM5406 Section A you have to write down your husband's details who is sponsoring you. There where it says that you have to sign it certifying that you have no spouse, coomon law etc. you leave it blank, because you have spouse (the one that is sponsoring you)!

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just for further clarification, on the imm 5406 form,

my wife (the outland principal applicant, and only applicant) will put me (the sponsor) down for spouse, and her father (not yet considering to come over).
Does she put her name down for "applicant" or is that for someone who is accompanying her?
should she put her deceased mother down?

thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aw76 said:
Just for further clarification, on the imm 5406 form,

my wife (the outland principal applicant, and only applicant) will put me (the sponsor) down for spouse, and her father (not yet considering to come over).
Does she put her name down for "applicant" or is that for someone who is accompanying her?
should she put her deceased mother down?

thanks
SHE is the applicant. Yes, she will include her mother and in the address portion she writes "deceased".