+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who is better for IELTS General Modul, British Council or IDP

timtoms

Apr 22, 2015
Hi,

As per my opinion, it is all same..I wrote British council...
as soon as you register for ielts , you will get the practice materials....go through it...and you are done...
lots of other online materials also available....

sri5529

Sep 3, 2012
Compared with British Council, IDP is not so professional. British Council will always maintain their standards. You feel like you are appearing a exam which is conducted by professional body. IDP lags this. Though the test standards remain same. the way they conduct exam matters the most.

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
If the content of the test is concerned, then the test dates & even the content of the test, the day test is conducted by IDP & British Council is same.

Test Dates are scheduled by Cambridge & are same for both IDP & British Council.

If you appear either under IDP or British Council, the test paper, the questions, everything is same.

So, Reading / Listening / Writing is exactly the same with entirely same questions.

So, Reading & Listening will also have same answers & will be checked with pre-defined answers, so doesnt makes any diff whether given from IDP or British Council.

Also, Writing & Speaking, one can tell oneself how it went, + / - 0.5, nothing more than that.

Jks12

Apr 7, 2015
Got it. Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and comments. I ended up taking a date with IDP, for a reason that it was giving me a date of May 30, while BC is giving me date in month of July.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jks12 said:
Got it. Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and comments. I ended up taking a date with IDP, for a reason that it was giving me a date of May 30, while BC is giving me date in month of July.
A wise and prudent decision Jks12

I would suggest you to watch these HD documentary videos to improve your listening skills. Also read a lot....books, novels, newspapers, journals etc..

Jks12

Apr 7, 2015
Thanks Nirav. Would you mind sharing the link of HD videos, as you mentioned in your post?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jks12 said:
Thanks Nirav. Would you mind sharing the link of HD videos, as you mentioned in your post?
Yes sure jks12. Infact a simple search using keywords 'hd documentary 1080p national geographic' on youtube will give you relevant results. Most of them are very good.

Aug 30, 2013
Hi,

I have written exams under both IDP and BC. In my opinion, and as one of the guys said, BC is more professional and the staffs are also very supporting in setting up the exam. Anyways I wish you gl in the exam.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Naveen Padmanabhan said:
Hi,

I have written exams under both IDP and BC. In my opinion, and as one of the guys said, BC is more professional and the staffs are also very supporting in setting up the exam. Anyways I wish you gl in the exam.
Could you please publish your score from both IDP and BC and the gap between the two tests?