+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which test I should choose?

YVRBCPNP

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Hello everybody,

I will apply BCPNP and I need to submit my language test result . It sounds I choose to take IELTS or CELPIP. I took IELTS before and felt it's so difficult. I totally have no idea about CELPIP. Dose anybody here know something both of CELPIP and IELTS? which one is easier?
BTW, I noticed there are CELPIP-General LS Test and CELPIP-General Test. which one is asked to take for the immigration purpose?
Thanks !

D_K_B

Apr 1, 2014
YVRBCPNP said:
Hello everybody,

I will apply BCPNP and I need to submit my language test result . It sounds I choose to take IELTS or CELPIP. I took IELTS before and felt it's so difficult. I totally have no idea about CELPIP. Dose anybody here know something both of CELPIP and IELTS? which one is easier?
BTW, I noticed there are CELPIP-General LS Test and CELPIP-General Test. which one is asked to take for the immigration purpose?
Thanks !
Hey YVRBCPNP,

According to me IELTS would work. And IELTS is not difficult for sure. Once you practice enough, you will definitely achieve your required score. Just keep ur spirit up. Watch english movies and read books of Chetan Bhagat :)

I hope you would know about "WordWeb" software, which could help you increase your vocabulary. It could be downlode in both, pc and phone.

Best luck.

:)

YVRBCPNP

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Hey D_K_B, thanks for your suggestion. You also provided some useful information. I can tell you are very nice person. I will follow your advice and keep my spirit up to prepare IELTS. Have a good night!!

D_K_B said:
Hey YVRBCPNP,

According to me IELTS would work. And IELTS is not difficult for sure. Once you practice enough, you will definitely achieve your required score. Just keep ur spirit up. Watch english movies and read books of Chetan Bhagat :)

I hope you would know about "WordWeb" software, which could help you increase your vocabulary. It could be downlode in both, pc and phone.

Best luck.

:)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YVRBCPNP said:
Hello everybody,

Thanks !
I'd choose IELTS - simply because there are more free practice materials available online. CELPIP is fairly new so the isn't as much practice materials available for you online.

YVRBCPNP

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Johnny31 said:
I'd choose IELTS - simply because there are more free practice materials available online. CELPIP is fairly new so the isn't as much practice materials available for you online.
Hey Johnny31,

Thanks for your reply. I know there are lots of practice materials available online for IELTS. But most of them are focus on acadmic. Do you have some materials for G IELTS?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YVRBCPNP said:
Hey Johnny31,

Thanks for your reply. I know there are lots of practice materials available online for IELTS. But most of them are focus on acadmic. Do you have some materials for G IELTS?
Well - they are not too different. if you can do ok with Academic IELTS, you'll be fine with General IELTS.

And actually, there are tons of General IELTS information on this forum - look it up, it's there.