+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Police Certificate?

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply for CEC next month. I read the requirement of police certificate. I am a bit confused based on some of the comments others have posted on this forum. My question is:

1 - Do I need to provide police certificate from my home country or only from Canada? (I am living in Canada for 3 years now - I haven't been outside Canada for more than 1-2 months).
2 - My wife just came to Canada on a OWP, should we send police certificate from her home country or Canada? (She will be my dependant in the application)

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

noidea4id

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to provide a police certificate from each country other than Canada, ''in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18''.
so, if you are older than 21 yo then:

1 - You need to provide a certificate from your home country only.
2 - Your wife has to request a police certificate from her home country only.

You do not need to submit any Canadian Police Certificate, they do their own background check, directly.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
noidea4id said:
You need to provide a police certificate from each country other than Canada, ''in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18''.
so, if you are older than 21 yo then:

1 - You need to provide a certificate from your home country only.
2 - Your wife has to request a police certificate from her home country only.
If you have lived in any other country or countries since the age of 18 (other than your home country or Canada), you also need to provide PCCs for those countries too.

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
Thanks for the replies :)

So to sum it up, I don't have to send PCC from Canada for both of us, but we need to provide PCC from our home country. Correct?