+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**Which Nationalities immigrate the most to Canada and why? Plz read & reply**

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Thanks so much guyz, I never expected so many responses on this thread with so much insights. Lets continue encouraging and pull each other up.

One more thing: Have heard/read that if your application gets rejected in FSW1, you get your money back, but not so in QSW - is it true?

Regards,

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
I like this comment "The Golden rule is Grass is always greener on the other side. So people who are not happy in the place they are , wont be happy anywhere" - not sure of your gender mate, but you have started sounding like my wife as she tells me these exact words :)

andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone.

The problem is people take immigration so seriously that it really makes them crazy.My advise is Please go with a flow. Yes I understand its difficult when you have kids, but honestly its not worth putting more pressure on yourself, I am Indian , left India 13 years ago lived all over the world except the Midldle East. My wife is Japanese , we currently live in Thailand. The reason we want to move to canada is my wife grew up in B.C and did her graduation in UBC.

We both love India...and Japan , and dont mind moving to India or Japan at all. But we like travel too, so if given a chance to immigrate to Canada we will work there , if not its ok , we are good where we are

The Golden rule is Grass is always greener on the other side. So people who are not happy in the place they are , wont be happy anywhere ....sorry :)

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Quebec_2012 said:
I like this comment "The Golden rule is Grass is always greener on the other side. So people who are not happy in the place they are , wont be happy anywhere" - not sure of your gender mate, but you have started sounding like my wife as she tells me these exact words :)

Haaa...I am an Alpha male ...mate :D

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
andreagail999 said:
Haaa...I am a Alpha male ...mate :D
+1

very good!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

avan77

Feb 11, 2011
germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2011
Hi,

I’m from Germany. Me and my partner applied for FSW1 in July. I’m 34; have lived 1 year in Ireland and 10 in the UK, London. The rest of my life in Germany. Still I would like to go to Canada. Being able to compare the countries I have already lived in, I can say that there is a very good social service system here in Germany. Very high unemployment benefit & sickness benefit. And since I am back from the UK I am always having money, even though I was sick for quite a long time (sickness benefit) and unemployed afterwards. I know it’s know-where in the world like this. But materialism isn't all there is for me. I know I can get a good job in Germany anytime, also in London, UK. I am near Hamburg and the quality of life from a materialistic view is high. I’m in a town where there are almost just big houses with gardens and it’s very green.
But I still want to go. I know that I will not have a better life in regards to healthcare, security, nor when I get ill or unemployed, social services and neither money wise. In fact, after all my experiences and reading a lot, I am sure that it will be less maybe much less.
So why am I going?

Because I don’t like the mentality over here. I like general American culture and mentality more. I like the freedom I enjoy outside of Germany, the freedom to try things out to be left alone by people and neighbours. Not to be stared at. Just to be able to fully express myself in life. There are too many rules here, I cant breath here. I lived 10 years in London and can’t ever cope to live in Germany again. Germany is a very unique place in every sense.

Better in Canada vs Germany:
- more literal space then general Europe
- going just for the experience, with the option to return to England
- friendlier people, kind mentality

Worse in Canda vs Germany:
- Healthcare
- Unemployment benefit
- rental prices
- I think I will earn less also
- what really worries me as I eat organic: a scientist (from India :) who worked for Healthcare Canada said that US & Canada have the worst food in the world because mostly its genetically modified, engineered etc.... (on the other hand Germany has some of the purest,... still)

So this from a western european view :)

rahul Chodha

Jun 21, 2011
Hi Quebec 2012.

Firstly in in exactly, same situation with only difference that i do not have a kid right now. (but married)
I think the questions u have asked are highly relevant and this is what I ask everyday to me.

Haviong struggled so man years in India now to reach to that level and then again struggling for next 3-5 years in Canada is something which confuses me.

I would like to have a word with you in person. (since we r in same frames)

If you mail me at rahulchodha@yahoo.com ur contact details we shall speak.

cheers,
rahul

shatoor

Oct 19, 2010
Hi

i think there should be someone from China also commenting on this topic
as besides our own south asian bashing,Chinese are one of the highest nr of immigrants in canada.
They are very successful too,as they do not waste too much time discussing and gossiping like us.
They do not believe in pulling each other down.There motto is simple,do good business and make
money and with money they know comes power.

rgding living any country is good as long as u have money in ur pocket,in EU there is so much unemployment they
will go to canada,middle east anywhere they can find a decent job.
if u want to have good life middle east is the place especialy UAE and Qatar,the day they start offrin citizenship ,i gues u can
forget Canada,australia etc i know some people wil scorn at it,but people who have lived here know what i am talkin about.

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Yeah, that would be nice...

shatoor said:
Hi

i think there should be someone from China also commenting on this topic
as besides our own south asian bashing,Chinese are one of the highest nr of immigrants in canada.
They are very successful too,as they do not waste too much time discussing and gossiping like us.
They do not believe in pulling each other down.There motto is simple,do good business and make
money and with money they know comes power.

rgding living any country is good as long as u have money in ur pocket,in EU there is so much unemployment they
will go to canada,middle east anywhere they can find a decent job.
if u want to have good life middle east is the place especialy UAE and Qatar,the day they start offrin citizenship ,i gues u can
forget Canada,australia etc i know some people wil scorn at it,but people who have lived here know what i am talkin about.

mrprice

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 7, 2007
LANDED..........
Nov 6, 2011
If you are moving from low standard countries like India Pak Nepal Egypt Jordan then i guess people wont think twice and sure canada is better

But if you were living in the gulf for a few years then it will be tough to quit you high living standards and move to canada and start struggling to find a job.

Just an opinion....

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Thats a pretty interesting opinion, as we have hundreds (if not thousands) on this forum who are from the Mid East.

mrprice said:
If you are moving from low standard countries like India Pak Nepal Egypt Jordan then i guess people wont think twice and sure canada is better

But if you were living in the gulf for a few years then it will be tough to quit you high living standards and move to canada and start struggling to find a job.

Just an opinion....

shatoor

Oct 19, 2010
people from middle east apply but there are really never able to settle,if they have good jobs in middle east.
in the end family is seperated with wife and kids living in canada and husband working in middle east
nobody happy in the end,sometimes the amount of money&happiness wasted in the process is much higher then what u gain

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
mrprice said:

Just an opinion....
mr price hw did you manage to gather these countries are low standard . think about people living in africa or any other subcontinent before posting any thing . please keep your opinion to your self , in fact British junkies are most uncivilized of human race but still they live in London . At least India has enough amenities and health care to sustain such a huge population . don't compare India to Canada , think logically { population , geographic location and lot more} . you can compare pak , Nepal or any other small nation .Mr price comparing your living standard in Britain to India , seems you have lost your mind . The amount council money enjoyed by your nation belong to India and many other nation . which Britishers have stolen long time ago . so don't brag about your London life, i know how empty your life is.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Quebec_2012 said:
Hi everyone,

This can be interesting. Which nationalities do we applicants and aspiring applicants belong to? And why?

I have been following various forums for the last couple of months, and this is what I think it is.

In order - please confirm or contradict:

1. Pakistan - because of internal unrest
2. India - in pursuit of better lifestyle
3. African countries - both of the above
4. Phillipines - in pursuit of better lifestyle
5. What are the others?

I am about to apply to QSW or FSW 2012, and your inputs would be very helpful to people like us take a conscious decision.

I am 31, married, have a 2 year old, well settled in India - so there is surely a lot at stake immigrating to a foreign location, jobless and hunting for something there which MAY or MAYBE NOT better than what you currently do.

Regards,
5. you forgot to mention about BANGLADESH :)

X-Brklynite

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 9,2009
Med's Request
May 8th,2011
Med's Done....
May 26th,2011 ( Reached Ottawa on May 31st )
Passport Req..
Sep 22nd,2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 14th, 2011
LANDED..........
May 19th, 2012
@ siddharth_pharma84 ,
So its ok for someone to Compare Pakistan to Canada

while u urself didn't like Comaprison between India & Canada. Why is that ?

So lets don't compare Canada with Any other Country Including Pakistan,India,

Bangldesh etc etc coz theres no comparison among these countries. Everyone from

poor countries migrate to rich countries for better future & thats the bottom line.