Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12.Oct.12. Payment Taken: 5.Nov.12
AOR Received.
2.Dec.12
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Is it easier to apply as a skilled worker when trying to immigrate to Canada or since i have an aunt who is a resident, should i just apply to immigrate through sponsorship?

LCS

May 5, 2005
Find out all your points for your particular work skills, age etc. and if it's high scoring you will have a MUCH better chance of getting accepted into Canada as a skilled worker before a sponsorship.
We family class applicants who are sponsoring are third in line (at least) for processing priority AFTER skilled workers and temporary foreign workers for getting our sponsored family members into Canada to be with us.
It's been all over the news for a couple of years that the Gov't is fast tracking skilled workers and temporary foreign workers. Sponsorship is NOT given the priority processing for entering Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

LCS said:
Find out all your points for your particular work skills, age etc. and if it's high scoring you will have a MUCH better chance of getting accepted into Canada as a skilled worker before a sponsorship.
We family class applicants who are sponsoring are third in line (at least) for processing priority AFTER skilled workers and temporary foreign workers for getting our sponsored family members into Canada to be with us.
It's been all over the news for a couple of years that the Gov't is fast tracking skilled workers and temporary foreign workers. Sponsorship is NOT given the priority processing for entering Canada.
I know you are bitter, but at least send the OP to the average processing times and let him or her make the comparison.
By the way the OP is not eligible to be sponsored by an Aunt.

Skilled workers: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp
Sponsored spouses: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

PMM

yppgina

Jun 24, 2008
As well, was it not just announced that new skilled working applicants are being put on hold until the fall when Finley decides which skilled workers she wants to "cherry pick"? I am not part of this class so I can't say for certain as I personally have no experience in this, however this is how I understood the latest on the news and the changes with regards to CIC's processing.

lanzie

Jun 23, 2008
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12.Oct.12. Payment Taken: 5.Nov.12
AOR Received.
2.Dec.12
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
thankss..i live in Barbados and i and i am now trying to get this stuff together for next yr.....hopefully i can get through by then..;)

Can anyone help with calculating my points????