+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which is better for me? CIC or FSWP under express entry 2015

suchitrasv

Apr 4, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Me and my husband are struck in a strange situation.
We landed Canada on March 3rd 2014 on an year contract from IBM (contract ending on Feb 27 2015).
It is going to be exactly 52 weeks of contract, but my husband landed one week later than the visa from date.
Now he is going to have 51 weeks of 40 hr per week payslip, and 52nd payslip is going to be of 24 hr/week.

to apply under CIC one should have 52 weeks of skilled employment with minimum 30 hr/ week.

Now we are confused to decide whether should we wait till Feb 27 2015, take a chance and apply under CIC assuming the immigration officer will ignore those missing 6 hours ( i really don think just a hope ) or should we apply for PR under FSWP in JAN 2015?

With having minimum information about EE, it is becoming harder to decide.
Somebody going through same situation or someone with proper knowledge, please express your opinions.

Thanks for your help in advance.

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
You have to have 1560 hours of full time work experience.

If you will have one year experience, then better if you apply as a principal applicant. Have your husband listed as your dependent. Or try to arrange for some overtime of one day for that last pay period.

Starting January 2015, there is no direct entry to FSWP or CEC. There is only EE. After applying to EE, you will then be invited to apply for PR through CEC or FSWP. But EE is the only step. Also, to apply to EE you have to fulfill either categories condition, CEC or FSWP. If you think you do for either one, then apply in Jan.

suchitrasv

Apr 4, 2014
Hi

Thanks for your reply.
i have 2063 hours of work shown in my payslip. only thing is, they don compensate extra hours if i have more than 30 hr /week :(
Also, my Visa expires on 27th Feb and strictly no extension. situation is little tricky.

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
suchitrasv said:
i have 2063 hours of work shown in my payslip. only thing is, they don compensate extra hours if i have more than 30 hr /week :(
I am confused. What? Does that mean you have worked for 2063 hours but paid for less?

Which category conditions do you satisfy? CEC or FSWP?

suchitrasv

Apr 4, 2014
Ok.

1st week i worked only for 3 days for late landing ( 24 hrs as an avg 8 hr/ day). after that i have 40 hr/week payslips for the next 51 weeks.
i am confused to which category i do qualify. as the requirement is 52 weeks of minimum 30 hr/week.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
I am sorry to say that if you are not invited to apply with in february, u may have to leave Canada. If you were waiting for ur pr, they would extend ur permit....but i guess that is not the case under EE...can ur employed extend your permit...

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
suchitrasv said:
Ok.

1st week i worked only for 3 days for late landing ( 24 hrs as an avg 8 hr/ day). after that i have 40 hr/week payslips for the next 51 weeks.
i am confused to which category i do qualify. as the requirement is 52 weeks of minimum 30 hr/week.
The requirement in CEC is 1560 hours AND 1 full calendar year. Both, not either, requirement must be met.

As you said you worked 40 hours/week except the first week, that means you will have the full year exp. exactly 1 year after your first working date. Usually people here will advise doing one more week before throwing the application into the mailbox, just as a buffer.

suchitrasv

Apr 4, 2014
Then i think am not qualified under CEC :(

Considering i am not eligible under CEC is it is better decision to apply for PR under EE in january itself?

advantage of applying in january is, if i get an invitation before my work permit expires then i don need to leave the country.