+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Intake and Province to consider for next intended program (needed experts advice)

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I came to Canada in January 2024 as an International student and I am currently pursuing my 1-year Graduate Certificate (Winter/ Jan 2024 intake), my current program will be completed in August 2024. So, I plan to opt for a 1+1 option to get 3 years of PGWP. So here are some queries related to the same.

Q. Suppose my 1st program gets completed in Aug 2024, do I need to get enrolled for the next program for the September/ Fall 2024 intake or I can get admitted to the Winter/Jan 2025 intake? I heard there is some 180 days condition but not sure about it.

Q. I have a degree in Business Administration completed back in my home country and here I`m pursuing a Graduate Certificate in Project management, should my next intended program be related to the same specialization or I can select other programs such as PSW, Social worker or IT programs such as Cybersecurity or IT Administration?

Q. Which province would be the best for permanent residency after the completion of studies? (Alberta, Saskatchewan, or any other that provides more options for international students in 2024?

Suggestions and Advice from Forum Experts such as Naturgrl, Canuck78, Scylla, Romrumrira, Captain, and others would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
H.K