+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which IELTS required for dependent.

renju_abraham

Apr 15, 2018
Hi All,

Its's the first time, I am posting in this forum.
I have applied for the Canadian PR visa with family for which I had written general IELTS exam. My overall CRS points are less for any express entry. So, I am planning to write the IELTS exam again for more score. My question is, as my wife is in the nursing field (Nursing from India), which type of IELTS exam should she write for dependent( PR visa process) and work in Canada.?
Could anyone please help me out with it.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,

Its's the first time, I am posting in this forum.
I have applied for the Canadian PR visa with family for which I had written general IELTS exam. My overall CRS points are less for any express entry. So, I am planning to write the IELTS exam again for more score. My question is, as my wife is in the nursing field (Nursing from India), which type of IELTS exam should she write for dependent( PR visa process) and work in Canada.?
Could anyone please help me out with it.
She also needs to take IELTS general exam. IELTS for spouse is not mandatory though. But she can take IELTS to boost your score.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
But for nursing job in Canada will IELTS general exam be enough?
You mean to be a Nurse in Canada? I don't know what other exams are needed for that. IELTS is needed to apply for PR. You may have to find out certification exams for Nurse profession. But those you need to give post PR.

renju_abraham

Apr 15, 2018
You mean to be a Nurse in Canada? I don't know what other exams are needed for that. IELTS is needed to apply for PR. You may have to find out certification exams for Nurse profession. But those you need to give post PR.
Yes. Its to be a nurse in Canada. I am aware of other exam required to be nurse in Canada, I did some search regarding it. But recently, someone confused me with the IELTS requirement for nurse job in Canada. Usually, hospitals in Canada asks IELTS Academic for nursing job from foreign candidates. But for PR, IELTS general is required. My wife being a dependent candidate in PR process, should she write both the IELTS exams?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes. Its to be a nurse in Canada. I am aware of other exam required to be nurse in Canada, I did some search regarding it. But recently, someone confused me with the IELTS requirement for nurse job in Canada. Usually, hospitals in Canada asks IELTS Academic for nursing job from foreign candidates. But for PR, IELTS general is required. My wife being a dependent candidate in PR process, should she write both the IELTS exams?
My best guess would be once you are PR you don't need to take IELTS. But I can't say this with certainty as I have not looked at those requirements but it doesn't make sense to me that some institute would require a PR to take an English test.