+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which City to live in Canada?

imranmcse

Star Member
Feb 21, 2010
Al Ain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi very basic question. It has been asked in application form that which city or area you prefer to live in Canada? I dont have any particular choice. What would you guys advise to write in application form? Does it really matter and affects application in anyhow?

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Hi!

Which City to live?

Based on cost-of-living-in-canada-2006 the lowest is Ottawa, Canada

As per Cadian Immigration - Generally, the holder of a Canadian Immigrant Visa may land at any port of entry in Canada without difficulty.
This is not the case, however, in the Province of Quebec, due to its exclusive right to select immigrants. If, in your application for permanent residence, you declared an intended destination in Canada outside Quebec, then landing in Quebec may be problematic. Likewise, you may be asked to land in Quebec if your intended destination in Canada had been indicated as Quebec.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
imranmcse said:
Hi very basic question. It has been asked in application form that which city or area you prefer to live in Canada? I dont have any particular choice. What would you guys advise to write in application form? Does it really matter and affects application in anyhow?
write any city you want except quebec. for example, write toronto, calgary, or vancouver. its not mandatory to land in the same city after the immigration.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imranmcse said:
Port of entry does not influence your application, you can mention any city except Qubec cities if you are applying for FSW. Toronto in particular has good support structure for new immigrants. Please see if the below mention threads help
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/which-city-to-land-for-new-immigrants-t31291.0.html