Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
Med's Request
8-11-2012
can someone throw more light on Edmonton, Alberta ... how is the city? how is IT job market there?

mercadoarjay

Mar 31, 2012
Aspire,

I'm a nurse here in the Philippines. we are moving to Canada this coming June or July. I already have an eligibility to take the CRNE in Ontario. lets say I passed the exam and become registered in Ontario, what are the requirements to be able to register in Manitoba? .I also have this predicament. We are planning to land in Calgary. however, friend of my wife is from Vancouver and she insists that we go there. She would really help us out. unlike in Calgary, our contacts there is not so enthusiastic about our plans of settling there first. Can anyone give me inputs and ideas about this. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
mercadoarjay said:
Aspire,

I'm a nurse here in the Philippines. we are moving to Canada this coming June or July. I already have an eligibility to take the CRNE in Ontario. lets say I passed the exam and become registered in Ontario, what are the requirements to be able to register in Manitoba? .I also have this predicament. We are planning to land in Calgary. however, friend of my wife is from Vancouver and she insists that we go there. She would really help us out. unlike in Calgary, our contacts there is not so enthusiastic about our plans of settling there first. Can anyone give me inputs and ideas about this. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
hi! to be registered in manitoba, it's easy as long as you're already registered in another province in canada. unlike in alberta, they would require you to take the ielts again and work as a nurse in your initial province of registration for at least 1125 hours.

as for BC, im not sure.. im already licensed in BC and the job market isn't too good like in manitoba or alberta, and cost of living is high.. (was planning to move to another province myself).. but it may also depend on the experience you have..

but since you're new here, it would be great to land in a place where people are willing to help you out

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
quami said:
hi! to be registered in manitoba, it's easy as long as you're already registered in another province in canada. unlike in alberta, they would require you to take the ielts again and work as a nurse in your initial province of registration for at least 1125 hours.

as for BC, im not sure.. im already licensed in BC and the job market isn't too good like in manitoba or alberta, and cost of living is high.. (was planning to move to another province myself).. but it may also depend on the experience you have..

but since you're new here, it would be great to land in a place where people are willing to help you out
iam moving to winnipeg on 2nd of may as my landing place? can anyone give some inputs about the job market in winnipeg?

shijoal

tamim07

Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
waiting........
Dear Captain Qorax

I am an Environmentalist working water resources development sector in Bangladesh. I am planning to land in Canada by end of this year, but I am afraid of recent job scarcity in Canada and even in Toronto (including survival jobs). Could you please advise me where to land. Grateful to have your kind response.

Tamim

Teh Anomaly

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Good day guys, me and my wife is currently deciding where is the best place to start in Canada. My wife is the principal applicant, an RN with 3-years experience as ward staff nurse & 1-year experience as head nurse in the hospital's pedia ward. I am an IT graduate with master's degree but I'm not really picky on work so It doesn't really matter where I end up working. ;D Our initial pick was Surrey, Vancouver as my wife has a relative there. However, if what I understood on Aspire's posts are correct, if we go to Manitoba, she can immediately practice as a Nurse there unlike in Vancouver that she still has to take exams/bridging programs to qualify as a nurse. Not to mention that Manitoba has lower living costs compared to Vancouver.

What would be the best approach to our situation? Any inputs would be appreciated, specially Mr. Aspire's input. :)

pratik333

Aug 5, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2011
AOR Received.
4th November 2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
15th December 2011
Med's Request
9th feb 2012
Med's Done....
19 march 2012, received by NDVO : 29th March 2012
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
8th Aug 2012 - received by NDVO on 9th Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received 24-09..DM, 22-09 -2012 Passport Stamp 18-09
LANDED..........
21 October -2012
what about physiotherapy ??? where is the best place to settle and start?

sandz

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER received on 20-12-2011
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Request
09 -02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 & remedical on 17-04-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 7.05.2012 & address update on 10.05.2012
Qorax Sir,

I landed in Toronto recently and headed to Burlington as my good friend lives there . Pls. tell me when you are referring to Toronto ,does that include Greater toronto area including Halton area as well in terms of initial job prospects -both survival as well as first jobs- I am finding Burlington city to be a very good city in terms of connectivity with downtown toronto and has good accomodation to offer ...

Regards

qorax said:
WHICH CITY TO LAND? -for FSW without AEO & friends/relatives

My opinion: TORONTO.
-It has a bigger job basket, for any occupation. Thus, the share is bigger -so the opportunities are larger.
-Weather wise, it is not that bad. Perfectly manageable even in winters or summers.
-Cost of living wise, quite Ok too -quite compititive vis-a-vis the other deciding factors.
-The higest minority populace. Ppl are extremely tolerant to race, color, creed, faith etc.
-Land there first, take a 'survival job', which'll be easier here & move to any city after getting the choice job.
-Important: It's not the profession of a newcomer, but the initial survival that'd be the decider for a city.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
How do you commute to Toronto from there? I dont think TTC has a reach in there. Do they>

MAjmal

Jun 15, 2012
Dear friends,

I have just received visa. I am planning to go to London because one of my siblings got admission in university there. Any body got an idea about the job prospects here?

Indian4mSA

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Sandton, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
AOR Received.
21-07-2012
MAjmal said:
Dear friends,

I have just received visa. I am planning to go to London because one of my siblings got admission in university there. Any body got an idea about the job prospects here?
In what stream you are looking for a job?

MAjmal

Jun 15, 2012
I am a doctor turned government manager turned development consultant with experience of work in government, NGOs and donors mostly in the areas related to international development, participatory development, governance, institutional change & reform. I have done Masters in Development Planning from Australia, MA Economics and MBBS. I have good report writing, research and analysis skills.

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
hello,
If you are IT and most importantly from SAP . I would say Calgary is the city to consider. Try to see the jobs in calgary indeed.ca

I posted a link earlier about SAP jobs.

can-quest said:
can someone throw more light on Edmonton, Alberta ... how is the city? how is IT job market there?