+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to upload sponsor documents ?

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hello,

I am trying to help a family member lodge a Family class application for spouse. We have created the account at https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca and trying to upload documents. There is one section to fill applicant forms online, another for sponsor forms to be uploaded and a third section to upload required Applicant's documents.

My question is - Where to upload the documents from sponsor like ID, PR card etc?

Another - The document section for applicant has a mandatory "proof of status" document. This is the application for a person outside Canada. The application type clearly specify its Family Class (outside Canada). Then why is "proof of status" mandatory and how to proceed with this line item?

Thanks.

Fhn2023

Star Member
Jan 8, 2023
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-12-2022
Doc's Request.
01-03-2023
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
File Transfer...
06-03-2023
Med's Request
06-06-2023
Med's Done....
15-06-2023
Passport Req..
08-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2023
Hello,

I am trying to help a family member lodge a Family class application for spouse. We have created the account at https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca and trying to upload documents. There is one section to fill applicant forms online, another for sponsor forms to be uploaded and a third section to upload required Applicant's documents.

My question is - Where to upload the documents from sponsor like ID, PR card etc?

Another - The document section for applicant has a mandatory "proof of status" document. This is the application for a person outside Canada. The application type clearly specify its Family Class (outside Canada). Then why is "proof of status" mandatory and how to proceed with this line item?

Thanks.
Proof of Status is where you upload sponsor documents (Canadian passport or Citizenship certificate for Canadians and PR for PR holders) before application portal was updated they used to show explanation and i remmber when you click on proof of status it was showing that proof of status means documents proofing sponsor status (Citizen or PR)

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks for this information. very helpful.

Where do we upload other sponsor documents like ID, Job, Residence proof etc, the usual things that goes with sponsorship application?

Proof of Status is where you upload sponsor documents (Canadian passport or Citizenship certificate for Canadians and PR for PR holders) before application portal was updated they used to show explanation and i remmber when you click on proof of status it was showing that proof of status means documents proofing sponsor status (Citizen or PR)