+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to submit passport after supervisa approval when applicant is already in Canada?

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
Seeking urgent guidance:

Supervisa approved and PPR received. Applicant also has a visitors visa and is currently in Canada.

Where should passport be submitted for supervisa stamping? Ideally, it would be done in the home country. However, the application was submitted online. So, can passport submission be done in Canada?

Please guide. Thanks.

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
The letter you received will have all the information as to where to send the passport.
The letter we received says that passport stamping has to be done in the home country.

But the thing is the applicant is already in Canada right now. So, I'm looking to find ways for inland stamping, or at the border or in the US (applicant has US visa).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The letter we received says that passport stamping has to be done in the home country.

But the thing is the applicant is already in Canada right now. So, I'm looking to find ways for inland stamping, or at the border or in the US (applicant has US visa).
You were supposed to update the application when she came to Canada. You need to send a webform indicating she is no longer in Canada and wait for the PPR request to be transferred to Canada.

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
You were supposed to update the application when she came to Canada. You need to send a webform indicating she is no longer in Canada and wait for the PPR request to be transferred to Canada.
I did raise a webform long ago to notify IRCC about the same. Raised a 2nd webform again about it after application approval & PPR letter came.

Don't know what else to do?

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
How long has it been since you raised the 2nd webform?
2nd webform was submitted 4 days ago (That's when the application approval and PPR letter was updated on the online account).

Today we got a generic reply to the 2nd webform... stating 2 things specifically other than a lot of generic information:

"1. Our enquiry has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India."- I guess this means they might look into the PPR transfer to Canada.. perhaps?

"2. To find out how to submit your passport if you’ve applied online for your temporary resident application, please refer to our webpage (link). This is the same link we got on the PPR letter which refers to New Delhi VO in India."- this I guess was sent in general.

What I don't know now is if I can contact the Case Processing Center, Ottawa myself in some way to know this. Or should I call IRCC again? Or wait for further update from NDVO since they said that our enquiry has been received and perhaps they will respond further.

Last edited:

Mik_38

Dec 21, 2017
hi there. if you don't mind, can you please expound here how you process the super visa when applicant is inside Canada? thanks a lot

bilal058

Aug 25, 2014
Seeking urgent guidance:

Supervisa approved and PPR received. Applicant also has a visitors visa and is currently in Canada.

Where should passport be submitted for supervisa stamping? Ideally, it would be done in the home country. However, the application was submitted online. So, can passport submission be done in Canada?

Please guide. Thanks.
Hi,

I am in the same boat as you. I have applied for supervisa for my mother but supervisa processing is taking a lot of time due to the pandemic. My mother has already has a visit visa so she was planning to visit me on visit visa.

If she receives a passport request for supervisa stamping while she is in Canada will she be able to submit passport for supervisa stamping in Canada? If yes what is the process? Were you able to submit the passport of your parent for supervisa stamping in Canada?

Your input will be valuable for me. Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
Bilal