+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to send sponsorship(plus pr) Application???

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Hello, Could anyone please answer to my questions?
I am a bit confused about sending the sponsorship application (with pr application) of my spouse.
I am a Canadian PR holder and getting married a non-canadian outside canada. I will be staying in my home country for 4 weeks and coming back after that.
My questions are:

1. Can I submit the completed application in between the time period after marriage and before i arrive to canada, ? Which visa office should I send the completed application in this case and considering my spouse stay in my home country?
2. Which visa office should I send the completed application if I want to submit after I arrive to canada and considering my spouse stay in my home country?

3. Can I apply for visitor visa for my spouse after marriage? I heard there are more chances to reject the application. is that true? Will it have any adverse impact on the original PR application?

4. Can I submit visitor visa application for my spouse the immediate next day of the marriage and within 3-4days after marriage for sponsorship PR application?

5. Do I need to request the visa office for change of address If my spouse gets the visitor visa and comes with me considering that I already applied for PR application while my stay in my home country?

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanadianPR1 said:
I am a bit confused about sending the sponsorship application (with pr application) of my spouse.
I am a Canadian PR holder and getting married a non-canadian outside canada. I will be staying in my home country for 4 weeks and coming back after that.
My questions are:

1. Can I submit the completed application in between the time period after marriage and before i arrive to canada, ? Which visa office should I send the completed application in this case and considering my spouse stay in my home country?
2. Which visa office should I send the completed application if I want to submit after I arrive to canada and considering my spouse stay in my home country?

3. Can I apply for visitor visa for my spouse after marriage? I heard there are more chances to reject the application. is that true? Will it have any adverse impact on the original PR application?

4. Can I submit visitor visa application for my spouse the immediate next day of the marriage and within 3-4days after marriage for sponsorship PR application?

5. Do I need to request the visa office for change of address If my spouse gets the visitor visa and comes with me considering that I already applied for PR application while my stay in my home country?

Thanks in advance.
1. It all goes to Mississauga, since you are a PR and if you send to Mississauga from outside the country, it will be returned as you have to reside in Canada to submit.
2. It is unlikely your spouse will get a TRV as her intention is to remain permanently in Canada.
3. Since you have to be in Canada to submit your application, maybe you should wait to see if she gets a TRV or not.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
CanadianPR1 said:
My questions are:

Thanks in advance.
1. If you're not a citizen you have to live in Canada to sponsor, so you should probably include a note saying that you're just out of town for a visit.
2. You send everything to Mississauga, ON, and they will forward the outland PR application to the office you've been assigned or requested.
3. Applying for a visiting visa will not affect the PR application. If the officer handling the visiting visa application is not satisfied that the applicant will return to his/her home country when the visa has expired, the application may be denied. The likelihood that the applicant will return upon expiry can be deemed smaller if he/she has a spouse in Canada, so you being married may make it harder to get a visa. Still, applying doesn't hurt!
4. Yes you can. Include a copy of the receipt of the payment of the application fees as proof that the applicant has filed a PR application.
5. Your spouse will only be visiting, so providing that the old address still exists I think you should use that one.

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Thank you both for your valuable information.
You have to choose the visa office depending on whether the spouse within canada or out-side canada.

Thanks

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

1. It all goes to Mississauga, since you are a PR and if you send to Mississauga from outside the country, it will be returned as you have to reside in Canada to submit.
Thanks PMM for your response.

if i want to submit my spouse pr application while my stay in my home country,
Is it enough submitting my return itinerary, attaching a letter that I am on my temporary visit for marriage and permanent address is Canada only along with PR application when sending application to Mississauga visa office?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanadianPR1 said:
Thanks PMM for your response.

if i want to submit my spouse pr application while my stay in my home country,
Is it enough submitting my return itinerary, attaching a letter that I am on my temporary visit for marriage and permanent address is Canada only along with PR application when sending application to Mississauga visa office?

Thanks
No, wait until you return to Canada, unless you wish to have Mississauga refuse to process.