WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
Hi I have a silly question.

In the form I have put my all full time jobs from 4 years and write job title such as cook. But my question is that where should I mention all my part time jobs during same time frame?

Thanks

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
dudegujrat said:
Hi I have a silly question.

In the form I have put my all full time jobs from 4 years and write job title such as cook. But my question is that where should I mention all my part time jobs during same time frame?

Thanks
If the entire time you declare you were in Canada is fully covered by full-time employment, no gaps, part-time employment is of little or no importance.

Whether or not to add part-time employment to the work history, in this situation, is largely a personal choice and somewhat dependent on how extensive such employment was and to what extent it might be confusing if incorporated into that part of the application. For example, if you had a part-time job last a year or more, it should be easy to add that in an additional line to the employment history, adding "part-time" to the description; no problem that the dates overlap other employment history dates. In contrast, if you had a large number of short term part-time gigs, perhaps the better approach would be to simply add a supplemental page explaining that in addition to the full-time employment history in the application form, generally describe the nature of part-time work you did.

If there are any gaps in your full-time employment history, then any part-time employment during those gaps is important. List it just like you do the full-time employment, but be sure to add "part-time" to the description (important thing is to be forthcoming and accurate).

Again, the extent to which things like part-time employment should be reflected in the application is personal.

Thus, for example, the duration of the part-time employment is a significant factor to consider in deciding whether to include it. Indeed, while I would probably not bother with relatively insignificant small jobs of short duration (except to fill gaps, if there are gaps), my inclination would lean toward inclusion, deciding whether to include in the formal history itself or as a general statement on a supplemental page depending on the duration and significance of the particular job.

Note, for example, the citizenship application is not a FSW PR visa application, in which all employment history is highly material and relative to which any omission of employment could be taken to be a misrepresentation.

Repeating for emphasis: be sure to leave no gaps in the employment history, so to the extent there was part-time work in-between full time jobs, be sure to include that . . . just another line in the work history.

Reactions: seeya.ramxn96

dudegujrat

Jan 27, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2011
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
feb 20 2012
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
22/03/2012 and 2nd AOR
Med's Request
25 april 2012 by God`s Grace
Med's Done....
30 april 2012 and ecas updated to medical received by GOD's Grace on 7may 2012
Interview........
WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
Wow that was a great detailed answer.
I was always full time since last 4 years but at the same time I was taking some extra time with different organizations so time clashes with full time.

Thanks

lovekumar86

May 8, 2019
Work, school and activities:

@dpenabill In my citizenship application, do I need to mention the part time job details apart from the full time job though there are no gaps during the 5 year eligibility period? If yes, can you please guide how to mention in the application?