+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to file Super Visa application if parent is already in Canada

mnpr

Feb 11, 2014
Help please. My mother is from the Philippines and is in Canada on an extended visitor's visa (since 2011) to expire in August,2014. We are intending to
apply for a Super Visa before August but we are confused as to where to file it from within Canada. Can we file it before the visa post in Manila without leaving Canada? I am also wondering if we can file it in Vegreville using IMM 5708, but in this form, super visa is not one of the choices
that can be checked in the question "what are you applying for". Is there any case similar to my mom's? Thanks.

Reactions: skye

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
hello mnpr
I have read it here in this forum, you can apply from Canada for Super visa, but it takes 5/6 months. It is processed in Ottawa, do a search in this forum about Supervisa from Canada and you will get lots of info, hope it helps.

mnpr

Feb 11, 2014
Thanks Toronto30.

I did as suggested but the exchanges are still unclear. According to the CIC agent I spoke to, my mom has to go out of Canada and file the application from outside. I am hoping this info is incorrect as CIC agents give wrong information sometimes, per feedback. CPP Ottowa only entertains applications for change of status if one is either a holder of work or student permit. I really do not know where my mom's super visa application will be filed now. She is 84 yrs old and I am the only child, thus the reason why leaving Canada just to file this is not a good idea.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
In Canada, there is only extension - A proper Supervisa has to be applied via home country oonly

This is from the FAQ of Supervisa

If parents and grandparents are already in Canada and their visa will be expiring soon, what should they do? Will they be eligible to renew their status from in Canada?

An application for a new single- or multi-entry visa must be done from outside Canada at a visa office.
However, parents and grandparents who are in Canada on an authorized stay of up to six months may apply for an extension of their status of up to two years by submitting an application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, as long as they meet all the criteria for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. These applications will be examined on a case-by-case basis

==========

So my friend, you are looking at another extension request - you can try but its tough as she's already been here since 2011

So basically you request (whatever)- 1 year or 2 year and show docs that would normally satisfy a supervisa requirement, but this is more suitable for someone who came in for six months, in your case she has already been here for 3 years with incremental extensions

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Hi User
thank you for the clarification. Can't she apply form US if she has a US visa and staying sometimes in the US? mnpr, mentioned as she is old and he is her only son don't want to travel back. Thank you.

TO30

mnpr

Feb 11, 2014
Hey Guys, thanks a lot for all your info and advice;they are of great help. Much appreciated.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
toronto30 said:
Hi User
thank you for the clarification. Can't she apply form US if she has a US visa and staying sometimes in the US? mnpr, mentioned as she is old and he is her only son don't want to travel back. Thank you.

TO30
Supervisa is from home country as it requires docs such as property papers, ties to home country and it takes about 1-2 months for it, they can certainly try in US but there's more chance of refusal since you are doing from a 3rd country

Stealth07

Aug 15, 2012
Hi , need some help on supervisa here
My dad is here on visitor visa which will expire in October 2014. I want to apply his supervisa from within Canada, but lets suppose if he gets his stay extended for 2 years (supervisa). Will he need to do a country out to validate his supervisa (or do a flagpole) or will he be getting a visitor record for 2 years in which case there is no need to do a country out. He does not have a visitor visa to USA if he has to do a country out and i dont want to send him back to india just to step out and back in to canada.

Any help is much appreciated!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stealth07 said:
Hi , need some help on supervisa here
My dad is here on visitor visa which will expire in October 2014. I want to apply his supervisa from within Canada, but lets suppose if he gets his stay extended for 2 years (supervisa). Will he need to do a country out to validate his supervisa (or do a flagpole) or will he be getting a visitor record for 2 years in which case there is no need to do a country out. He does not have a visitor visa to USA if he has to do a country out and i dont want to send him back to india just to step out and back in to canada.

Any help is much appreciated!
Didn't you read user828 comments before you post? In Canada, there is only extension -A proper Supervisa has to applied via home country only. BTW, don't make multiple post.

MadInHalifax

Mar 1, 2016
The below is extract from IMM5708 E
I can infer from below that Super Visa can be applied while in Canada , is that correct ?

Details of visit to Canada

Question 1
From the list, indicate the reason why you want to extend your stay:
Business
Tourism
Short-Term Studies
Returning Student
Returning Worker
Super Visa: For Parents or Grandparents
Family Visit
Other (medical visits, transit, etc.)
If you choose “Other”, provide details
********************************************************************************

user828 said:
In Canada, there is only extension - A proper Supervisa has to be applied via home country oonly

This is from the FAQ of Supervisa

If parents and grandparents are already in Canada and their visa will be expiring soon, what should they do? Will they be eligible to renew their status from in Canada?

An application for a new single- or multi-entry visa must be done from outside Canada at a visa office.
However, parents and grandparents who are in Canada on an authorized stay of up to six months may apply for an extension of their status of up to two years by submitting an application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, as long as they meet all the criteria for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. These applications will be examined on a case-by-case basis

==========

So my friend, you are looking at another extension request - you can try but its tough as she's already been here since 2011

So basically you request (whatever)- 1 year or 2 year and show docs that would normally satisfy a supervisa requirement, but this is more suitable for someone who came in for six months, in your case she has already been here for 3 years with incremental extensions