+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to do medicals?

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi
I know it might be an old question but I was wondering if you have to do the medicals in the country where you applied or you can just get it done anywhere in the world with a CIC authorized doctor?

Thanks for your help.

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
I had the same question and people told me that its OK to get it done at any DMP in a country of yoru choice. You just have to make sure that the doctor sends the results to the CIC office in country where you submitted your 'detailed' application.

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Tonsils Hockey has given you a perfect advice. Absolutely correct. You can do your medicals anywhere in the world but make sure the examining doctor is in the list of DMP recognised by cic. Also ensure that the doctor sends the result to the visa office responsible for processing your PR application. This is what i did and it worked for me.
Good luck

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Small correction, Medical results are not sent to the local Visa office, they are sent to Ottawa, Canada irrespective of the country where the Medicals take place.

Seniors correct me if I am wrong.

Max

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
max_lee said:
Small correction, Medical results are not sent to the local Visa office, they are sent to Ottawa, Canada irrespective of the country where the Medicals take place.

Max
depends upon the visa office of the applicant. e.g. for CHC Islamabad applicants, results are sent to India, for CHC Pretoria applicants, results are sent to Kenya... what you are saying is i guess correct for applicants in USA and Canada (maybe others also but i am not sure). anyway, as far as the original question is concerned, yes the medicals can be done in any country as long as you go to a DMP. however you may have to inform the DMP beforehand that you are an applicant of another country. e.g. if you are an applicant of CHC Islamabad and doing your medicals in USA, then inform the DMP in USA that your results need to be sent to India because you are an applicant of CHC Islamabad. hope this is clear now.

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
ja77 said:
max_lee said:

Max
depends upon the visa office of the applicant. e.g. for CHC Islamabad applicants, results are sent to India, for CHC Pretoria applicants, results are sent to Kenya... what you are saying is i guess correct for applicants in USA and Canada (maybe others also but i am not sure). anyway, as far as the original question is concerned, yes the medicals can be done in any country as long as you go to a DMP. however you may have to inform the DMP beforehand that you are an applicant of another country. e.g. if you are an applicant of CHC Islamabad and doing your medicals in USA, then inform the DMP in USA that your results need to be sent to India because you are an applicant of CHC Islamabad. hope this is clear now.
Good replied both of you. I hope the medical request letter/email will specify it clearly for each applicant where they need to send their medical results to.