+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to apply for The work permit?

girishchandok

Jan 29, 2015
hey Guys,

I am in Dubai working for another 2/ 3 months and my LMIA has come.
Initially i was planning to apply for my permit through Delhi embassy but since I am here in dubai for another 2 months, i was wondering if i should apply in Abu Dhabi.

Are there any agents in dubai i could hire to help me with my work permit?
hoe much time does it generally take to get the workpermit done via Abu Dhabi embassy?
Which is better to apply through/ AbuDhabi or Delhi?

I am so confused, please help.

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
girishchandok said:
hey Guys,

I am in Dubai working for another 2/ 3 months and my LMIA has come.
Initially i was planning to apply for my permit through Delhi embassy but since I am here in dubai for another 2 months, i was wondering if i should apply in Abu Dhabi.

Are there any agents in dubai i could hire to help me with my work permit?
hoe much time does it generally take to get the workpermit done via Abu Dhabi embassy?
Which is better to apply through/ AbuDhabi or Delhi?

I am so confused, please help.
You dont need to spend money for an agent or representative.. Gather all your documents with positive LMIA and contract, employment certificates and Draft check from any UAE Bank and all application forms and checklist then Submit it by Aramex Courier airway bill to Abu Dhabi CAnada Embassy..

you check the guidelines and procedures.. Google the Address and infos..

You can submit Application to AUH ONLY if you are legally documented in UAE (current work and permit not expired or not Cancelled)

Processing time may vary from 2 to 3 or months depends on volume and if your application is incomplete AND/OR security check and police clearances submitted.

girishchandok

Jan 29, 2015
Ah Thankyou man, I filed my application last week and am waiting for a response. I didnt submit my PCCs and IELTS results that time but have them coming up by next week. The VFS customer service said that i should send the papers when the embassy asks for it but is that ok if I send it next week it self with a cover letter of my application details?

Abu Dhabi embassy has updated that it takes a whooping 10 months to process work permits (last month it was 9 months) and i am starting to freakout! Does any one know if it really takes that long for this?

I know you mentioned that it takes 2 to 3 months, has this changed in the recent past for some reason or the other?

Really appreciate the advise :)
Thanks a ton!