24-06-2015
File Transfer...
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2015
Hello all,

This forum has been so helpful during this gruesome application process and I thank everyone for their help. One final question (hopefully):

I received my passport request today and the instructions tell me to view question 9 on my application to see whether I answered yes/no and that will determine where I should send my passport to. However, when I log in to my application, it says that the "View Documents" buttons is currently unavailable and I know this has been a complaint for many. What other way can I check the answer to question 9? OR is there another way to figure our where I should send my passport?

I'm assuming my only options are LA or NYC. Does anyone have a preference?

Thanks for all the help!

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Q9 is Country where you are applying from

YES to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7

Q7 is Current country of residence

I have read in the CIC website (not able to recollect where exactly) that for TRV you need to send your pp's to NYC and for student visa to LA.....but pls be sure to re-check....

We are sending ours to NYC for our TRV!!!

Hope this helps!!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

emr said:
Q9 is Country where you are applying from

YES to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7

Q7 is Current country of residence

I have read in the CIC website (not able to recollect where exactly) that for TRV you need to send your pp's to NYC and for student visa to LA.....but pls be sure to re-check....

We are sending ours to NYC for our TRV!!!

Hope this helps!!!!
Visitor visas, Temporary Resident Permits, Rehabilitation and Authority to Return to Canada: New York or Los Angeles

Study permits and study permits for work permit holders: Los Angeles

Work Permits and work permits for study permit holders: New York

(Read January 29, 2013 visa office notice.)

files44

Aug 24, 2013
I have a similar question.
I am applying supervisa for my parents from China and sent documents to Canada electronically. But answered *Yes* in question 9. So in the application they asked us to send the passports in China offices.
The procedures didn't seem right, should I have answered *No* and send passports to Canada like the rest of the documents?