Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys – do we submit our entire Outland Application to the office in Missisauga and how do we specify that we are applying via Outland... Also, would we send it to the regional office (in this case Buenos Aires) once the Sponsor is validated? How does this process work?

Sorry if I am very unprepared. I've been filling forms all day and feeling scattered.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Huxley1234 said:
Hi guys – do we submit our entire Outland Application to the office in Missisauga and how do we specify that we are applying via Outland... Also, would we send it to the regional office (in this case Buenos Aires) once the Sponsor is validated? How does this process work?

Sorry if I am very unprepared. I've been filling forms all day and feeling scattered.
When you address the file to CPC-M add in 'spousal application' to the address (as the instructions indicate). As long as you use the right forms (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp), they'll know it's outland (inland are processed in Vegreville, AB not Mississauga, ON anyway).

You need to send the entire application to CPC-M. Once they have decided to recommend the Sponsor for approval, they will then forward it to Buenos Aires for a more detailed review and assessment. CPC-M will send you and e-mail or letter advising you that the Sponsor has been approved and several visa offices will also send you an AOR (acknowledgement of receipt).

Ask away :) And, good luck!

Huxley1234

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanadiana said:
Ask away :) And, good luck!
thanks...here's another question :)

Do we need to include her original passport in the application, or will photocopies do? (She is the applicant)... I ask because it's incredibly complicated to hand in the original as she's about to leave Canada for a trip back home.

Huxley1234

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just found this which may answer my own question:

TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS
Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing the:
•passport number,
•date of issue and expiration,
•your photo, name, surname (family name),
•date and place of birth.
If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa for the country in which you currently reside. If your sponsor is Canadian citizen and is residing with you in your country of residence, copy of the valid migratory document granted to your sponsor.

from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf
Note: All prospective immigrants must hold a valid regular passport; diplomatic, official or

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
awesome! I was overwhelmed when I just started and I had to do lots of research too. I went through lots of printing and paper ;D You will need lots of cooperation from your spouse too.
I hope it all goes well. you'll find lots of help here

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
lunas said:
awesome! I was overwhelmed when I just started and I had to do lots of research too. I went through lots of printing and paper ;D You will need lots of cooperation from your spouse too.
I hope it all goes well. you'll find lots of help here
I just printed all of mine to go over them with my fiance before I enter the info electronically so I can sympathize. A mountain of paperwork. I almost feel sorry for the people who have to go through and read all these. :p