+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

flori_musetel

Nov 7, 2016
Hi everyone,

Thank you for his forum, very useful.

I applied to sponsor my parents back in Jan 2014.

Just got request to send the passport over for the visa.

I would appreciate if someone cat tell me, once in the passport, how long is the visa valid, is 30 days only? I am a bit afraid they will have to land right in the middle of the winter.

Thank you

Flori

sramamur

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
mspjal said:
Hello,

By Grace of God and good wishes of the forum members, I may inform that my parents have received their Visa documents consisting of Visa stamped Passports + Individual COPR on NOV. 07,2016. Detail is as under :

Medical Request issued : June 30,2016

Medical Exams. taken on : July 21,2016

Required docs. uploaded : July 26,2016

Email for submission for PPTs
emanated from CPO-OTTAWA : Oct.20,2016

Passports sent to CHC,New Delhi : OCT. 24,2016

Visa issued on : OCT. 26,2016.

Consignment recvd. from NDVO : NOV,07,2016

I am thankful to all the friends in the forum for the help and information recvd. during the process of application.My special thanks to Rosei, the highly informative forum member who has always been at the beck and call.

Wishing my friends, whose parents are waiting for MR/ppt request/Visa docs ,all the very best !!!

Good luck and God bless all !!!

mspjal
Congratulations Mspjal!!! Also thanks for posting the timelines, especially the time taken at New Delhi VO.

sramamur

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
flori_musetel said:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for his forum, very useful.

I applied to sponsor my parents back in Jan 2014.

Just got request to send the passport over for the visa.

I would appreciate if someone cat tell me, once in the passport, how long is the visa valid, is 30 days only? I am a bit afraid they will have to land right in the middle of the winter.

Thank you

Flori
Congratulations!! Usually the visa is valid a year from the time your parents took their medicals or the expiry of their passport, whichever is sooner.

sammy1012

Jul 20, 2016
IndoCanadian777 said:
I was asked the same but the email expalins it is for non-accompanying dependants
-If you have any non-accompanying dependants who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter.
Is below required information is for all adult son/daughter or dependent son/daughter of principal applicant ??

Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form

If you have indicated that you are the parent of an adult son/daughter who will not be accompanying you to Canada, you must provide the following details for your non-accompanying adult son/daughter, in order for our office to correctly process your application

Hishman

Jan 22, 2014
Strange thing happened today, I received an envelope from the embassy in London with my parents Marriage certificate. No status update on CIC, and no other letter or communication from the embassy since the last request for documents:

Applied: Jan 2014
Confirmation: Jul 2014
File Moved to London Visa Office: June 2016
Medical Request: Aug 2016
Medicals done in Canada via e-Medical as Parents were visiting me here in Canada: Aug 2016
Received Request for additional forms and police certificate : Aug 2016
Submitted documents: Sep 2016
Received Request for additional documents for dad : Oct 2016
Documentation received by embassy: Oct 2016 (based on tracker on courier)
Received parents marriage certificate back from embassy: Nov 2016

Any idea what could be going on?

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
October 11, 2016 (Passport received by SVO: October 31, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
Today I checked my parents' MyCIC account and seeing the following update:

Where is this application? Details
Application/profile status Closed
Review of eligibility Passed
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview
A background check is needed Complete
Final decision This application has been approved

Hopefully they will get their passports back from SVO with visa soon.

sbhusan

Apr 22, 2008
My parents did their medical in June but no passport request yet.. Review of eligibility still in progress @ Ottawa.

sammy1012

Jul 20, 2016
Did you receive exactly same e-mail as below ?

I believe in my case they asked only for adults, didn;t mention anything regarding dependents

Please advise.

If you have indicated that you are the parent of an adult son/daughter who will not be accompanying you to Canada, you must provide the following details for your non-accompanying adult son/daughter, in order for our office to correctly process your application.

Failure to provide this information will delay processing. If additional space is required, attach a separate sheet

IndoCanadian777 said:
I was asked the same but the email expalins it is for non-accompanying dependants
-If you have any non-accompanying dependants who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter.

Hishman

Jan 22, 2014
To add, I tried to link the application to MyCIC, but it can;t seem to find it!

Hishman said:
Strange thing happened today, I received an envelope from the embassy in London with my parents Marriage certificate. No status update on CIC, and no other letter or communication from the embassy since the last request for documents:

Applied: Jan 2014
Confirmation: Jul 2014
File Moved to London Visa Office: June 2016
Medical Request: Aug 2016
Medicals done in Canada via e-Medical as Parents were visiting me here in Canada: Aug 2016
Received Request for additional forms and police certificate : Aug 2016
Submitted documents: Sep 2016
Received Request for additional documents for dad : Oct 2016
Documentation received by embassy: Oct 2016 (based on tracker on courier)
Received parents marriage certificate back from embassy: Nov 2016

Any idea what could be going on?

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sammy1012 said:
Is below required information is for all adult son/daughter or dependent son/daughter of principal applicant ??

If you have indicated that you are the parent of an adult son/daughter who will not be accompanying you to Canada, you must provide the following details for your non-accompanying adult son/daughter, in order for our office to correctly process your application
If the non-accompanying son / daughter is still dependent on you, you have to fill in the form.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sammy1012 said:
Did you receive exactly same e-mail as below ?

I believe in my case they asked only for adults, didn;t mention anything regarding dependents

Please advise.

If you have indicated that you are the parent of an adult son/daughter who will not be accompanying you to Canada, you must provide the following details for your non-accompanying adult son/daughter, in order for our office to correctly process your application.

Failure to provide this information will delay processing. If additional space is required, attach a separate sheet
Below is the NOTE section of the email I received, see the highlighted note.
Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

q Updated police clearance certificates for you and your dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, from every country where you or your dependant(s) have spent a period of six months or more. All police certificates should not be greater than 12 months old. For information on how to apply for a police certificate, see our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp

q A travel history form for you and for all dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, declaring all travel undertaken. This form is also available on our website at the following address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33029.PDF

q Payment of your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada. If already paid, please e-mail a scan of the payment receipt to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca. Please attach a copy of the receipt with your forms to our office. If we do not receive a copy of the receipt, we will consider it as unpaid. For more information, your sponsor should consult the following: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

q Three (3) updated photographs each for you and for each of your accompanying dependants. For each person, make sure that their name is written on the back of at least one photo. The photos must be no more than 6 months old. Photograph specifications can be found on our website at the following address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33029.PDF

q PHOTOCOPIES of your current valid passport bio page (inside front cover), back page (the family information page at the inside back cover), for you and your accompanying family members. If your passports have any observations (e.g. extending their validity), please include photocopies of the observations. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 years of age must have been taken within the last 3 years; for a child between the ages of 7 and 18, within the last 5 years. If you do not have a valid passport, you are requested to obtain one so as to be able to comply with this request *****DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S) AT THIS TIME*****

q If you have any non-accompanying dependants who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter. You may photocopy the attached form as required.

q Original death certificate of your spouse with certified English translation, if applicable.

sramamur

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Hello Everyone;

Today my in-laws received the passport request. They have been requested to send passports to New Delhi Visa Office. Two questions on this passport request:
(1) This request mentions only my father-in-law's name and his UCI number. Application number also mentioned. However,my mother-in-law's name or her UCI is not mentioned in this letter. Can you please let me know whether this request cover both of them or will she get a separate request for passport submission later?
(2) This passport request did not mention anything about "Appendix B". There are only two people on this application. Do we need Appendix B?

Many thanks for your help,

Sridhar.

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
sramamur said:
Hello Everyone;

Today my in-laws received the passport request. They have been requested to send passports to New Delhi Visa Office. Two questions on this passport request:
(1) This request mentions only my father-in-law's name and his UCI number. Application number also mentioned. However,my mother-in-law's name or her UCI is not mentioned in this letter. Can you please let me know whether this request cover both of them or will she get a separate request for passport submission later?
(2) This passport request did not mention anything about "Appendix B". There are only two people on this application. Do we need Appendix B?

Many thanks for your help,

Sridhar.
@Sridharji,

Congrats for receiving PPTs request for your parents-in -law.

Please note that request for PPT is addressed to PA only.He /She has to make compliance to the instruction which also covers the dependent accompanying members included in the original application. No separate instruction is imparted for the dependent accompanying member.

So, please do not worry. Ensure to send the PPTs through VFS Canada office located near the place of applicant's residence as under:

1. Cover letter detailing PPTs + UCI nos of PA AND accompanying members.

2. Copy of email recvd. from CPO-Ottawa.

3. PPTs in original.

4. Two photographs each of PA and the accompanying members as per specification in the email or alternatively VFS OFFICE has facility to get the photographs with the required specifications( 2"x 3" or 5 cm X 7 cm )

5. Submission of APPENDIX B does not seem to be an indispensable requirement for all. It is case specific,I reckon or may be Visa Office specific requirement.Information in APPENDIX B , in all probability, is required for printing of COPR.

VFS office will provide PASSPORT TRACKING reference which keeps us updated. Besides, as and when process is complete,the given Mob # will get a massage wrt dispatch of the PPTs +individual COPR. It takes ten-fifteen days to get BACK the VISA DOCS.

Hope, this may help u.

Good luck. God bless all !!!!

mspjal