+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

imcanto

May 5, 2016
abhi812 said:
Where you did landing Rainbow bridge,Did they ask any address proof for your mother
Queenston-Lewiston bridge, but you can go to any. They were very helpful and it was a simple process.
Yes, they asked her for the address and if she still lived there, and was asked to state the full address.
We went around midnight so there was no traffic.

She was also asked if there were any 'goods to follow' i.e. if she was bringing any personal belongings in the future, as that could be recorded.

imcanto

May 5, 2016
Rossei said:
Congrats!

When was the PR Visa issued (issue date printed on the visa itself)? It cannot be Oct 31 as you mentioned in the SS.
Passport request was received Oct 11
Passport was delivered at CPC Ottawa Oct 18
PR Visa was issued/dated Oct 10
Passport was returned to us Oct 31

imcanto

May 5, 2016
jimmigd said:
Congrats Imcanto. My moms application time line is very similar to yours. I ordered the GCMS and it is awaiting security. Our Policeclearance certificates have been received back in June.

Since my mom is travelling to toronto this month, In case she gets the passport request while she is in Canada, Did you have to get any special permission to submit the passport in Ottawa? And how did you do that?
In the passport request letter, the visa offices provides two options:
(1) to either submit passport to your local visa office or
(2) to submit passport to an office in Canada, if the parents are in Canada and will remain in Canada for at least 3 months. My mum's however took only about 2 weeks for visa stamping, which was good. But you have to prepare for the 3 months in case there are delays.

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
imcanto said:
Queenston-Lewiston bridge, but you can go to any. They were very helpful and it was a simple process.
Yes, they asked her for the address and if she still lived there, and was asked to state the full address.
We went around midnight so there was no traffic.

She was also asked if there were any 'goods to follow' i.e. if she was bringing any personal belongings in the future, as that could be recorded.
Did she show any address proof or they just asked for address

kaps1235

Aug 9, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Nomination.....
15-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-01-2014
Med's Request
03-02-2015
Med's Done....
11-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
Hello Friends,

Do we have to get PCC or Criminal Record check from Canada, If my mother is on Super visa and residing with us since last 16 months ?

If yes, what is the process to get this certificate ? or Should we wait for further instructions from CPC-Ottawa ?

Please reply. Thanking in in anticipation.

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
October 11, 2016 (Passport received by SVO: October 31, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
kaps1235 said:
Hello Friends,

Do we have to get PCC or Criminal Record check from Canada, If my mother is on Super visa and residing with us since last 16 months ?

If yes, what is the process to get this certificate ? or Should we wait for further instructions from CPC-Ottawa ?

Please reply. Thanking in in anticipation.
No, you do not need to get PCC or Criminal Record check from Canada for your parents' stay inside Canada. CIC ask for PCC for countries other than Canada where your parents lived for more than 6 months. CIC manage PCC or do Criminal Record check by themselves for parents who lived inside Canada for more than 6 months.

My parents also lived in Canada with Supervise for 6 months. CIC did not asked for PCC or Criminal Record check from Canada. CIC asked for PCC only from our country.

Yorkiemum

Sep 23, 2015
siter_pakhi said:
No, you do not need to get PCC or Criminal Record check from Canada for your parents' stay inside Canada. CIC ask for PCC for countries other than Canada where your parents lived for more than 6 months. CIC manage PCC or do Criminal Record check by themselves for parents who lived inside Canada for more than 6 months.

My parents also lived in Canada with Supervise for 6 months. CIC did not asked for PCC or Criminal Record check from Canada. CIC asked for PCC only from our country.
Really?? We are in Canada using the Super Visa and we were required to get a Canadian police report. So did my daughter when she applied for PR...she had been in Canada on a student visa.

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
Yorkiemum said:
Really?? We are in Canada using the Super Visa and we were required to get a Canadian police report. So did my daughter when she applied for PR...she had been in Canada on a student visa.
Nopes u dont require

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Yorkiemum said:
So why were we asked by CIC in August to provide a RCMP report? We had been living in Canada for 2 1/2 years at that point.
My parents are in Canada(Super visa) almost 4 years and I thought they need PCC and I get PCC from RCMP in advanced but CIC never asked for it. Other forum member told me that it is not required or CIC do not ask for it. I should have listen to them so I could save lots of time and save money.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
siter_pakhi said:
WRONG!!!

CIC can ask for PCC (Canada) if parents lived here for more than 6 months. But most times, they don't. If they do, they will mention it explicitly in their request.

chang007

Jul 27, 2011
Hi, just reporting that all parents have received the PR visa are going to land at Pearson airport in a few days.
Does anyone have experience with landing formalities at pearson?
1. How much money do they have to carry (is that a requirement at all, or is the sponsorship approval letter enough?)
2. They are not winding up in home country yet -- i.e., not moving any furniture etc. What should we declare as goods to follow? or should we leave it for now as it is quite uncertain what they will end up moving here?
3. What address proof do they need, if at all?

Once again, appreciate all the great help and support throughout the process -- hope everyone is successful in having their parents over soon!

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
Hello,

By Grace of God and good wishes of the forum members, I may inform that my parents have received their Visa documents consisting of Visa stamped Passports + Individual COPR on NOV. 07,2016. Detail is as under :

Medical Request issued : June 30,2016

Medical Exams. taken on : July 21,2016

Required docs. uploaded : July 26,2016

Email for submission for PPTs
emanated from CPO-OTTAWA : Oct.20,2016

Passports sent to CHC,New Delhi : OCT. 24,2016

Visa issued on : OCT. 26,2016.

Consignment recvd. from NDVO : NOV,07,2016

I am thankful to all the friends in the forum for the help and information recvd. during the process of application.My special thanks to Rosei, the highly informative forum member who has always been at the beck and call.

Wishing my friends, whose parents are waiting for MR/ppt request/Visa docs ,all the very best !!!

Good luck and God bless all !!!

mspjal