+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
lflf said:
Thanks for your reply, Rossei. Sorry I did not explain it clearly in my original post. It was under Review of eligibility category. Does it means Ottawa office is checking on my eligibility of being a sponsor?
It will be very unlikely if Ottawa checks on your eligibility as a sponsor. That part is done by CPC-M.
Review of Eligibility in MyCIC is meant for PR applicants. Whether your parents are eligible for PR largely depends on their medical result and background checks. Until these two clears/passes, review will remain "in-progress" for eligibility.

]I am planning to pick them up in person once I receive their stamped visa, I am just worried Ottawa will not accept their passports since they are not in Canada.Anyone here has this kind of experience? thank you
Now I understand what your plan are, but you may be inviting troubles. Let someone who has done it recently suggest you.

FYI, at the time of my immigration back on 8-Sep-2011; I received PPR for both my wife and me from CIC-Buffalo. My wife was simply an accompanying spouse in my application. Anyway, she was back home (Bangladesh) at that time. And Bangladesh doesn't allow passports to be shipped out of the country without proper authorization. So, I asked one of my aunts who resides in Toronto to bring my wife's passport with her. I drove to CIC-Buffalo from Toronto via Niagara border with 2 passports. They never asked me any question and stamped PR visa on both our passports within few hours. I landed while coming back and then sent my wife's passport back to her via DHL. She landed at Pearson on 6-Oct-2011.

lflf

Sep 7, 2016
Rossei said:
It will be very unlikely if Ottawa checks on your eligibility as a sponsor. That part is done by CPC-M.
Review of Eligibility in MyCIC is meant for PR applicants. Whether your parents are eligible for PR largely depends on their medical result and background checks. Until these two clears/passes, review will remain "in-progress" for eligibility.
Now I understand what your plan are, but you may be inviting troubles. Let someone who has done it recently suggest you.

Thank you so much Rossei for your reply. My parents passed their medical exams. I guess Ottawa office is undertaking background check on them now.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I see "medical results have been received" in e-cas, does it mean that medical results have been accepted and the applicant and dependent do not need to do further tests? Can anyone please confirm? Thanks!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
scorpion_ca said:
If I see "medical results have been received" in e-cas, does it mean that medical results have been accepted and the applicant and dependent do not need to do further tests? Can anyone please confirm? Thanks!
While it is not stated anywhere once Ecas shows results received it can be assumed 99% all is good.

If you order the gcms notes now then you will see passed against medicals and that is the only true confirmation that medicals are passed.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
soonihope said:
While it is not stated anywhere once Ecas shows results received it can be assumed 99% all is good.

If you order the gcms notes now then you will see passed against medicals and that is the only true confirmation that medicals are passed.
Before GCMS, if you can link your app to MyCIC account, it will also show if medical passed.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
scorpion_ca said:
For my parents, the online application status showed pass the day after Doc uploaded the result and in one week I see the status changed "medical results have been received" in e-cas So I would guess 99.999999% that it is passed. Otherwise you would ask for more medical test.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
RoyalNS said:
For my parents, the online application status showed pass the day after Doc uploaded the result and in one week I see the status changed "medical results have been received" in e-cas So I would guess 99.999999% that it is passed. Otherwise you would ask for more medical test.
That is what I was talking about, you are a real help here.
Thanks again

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
nav2016 said:
I am not sure if doctors are supposed to do that as I am thinking it is CIC's Medical office that will tell what additional tests to do. Though, a colleague of mine who had gone to the doctor in Kitchner did have similar thing show up for his dad in X-Ray and that doctor did arranged for sputum test right away and uploaded results to CIC only 1.5 months after the exam and mentioned that sputum test results would come shortly. Maybe he is good and did this presumtively and the one I went do did not. Unfortunately no way to know what would come in XRay before hand in deciding if I should drive from east end of GTA all the way to Kitchner. Just my bad luck I guess.
Dr. Scott Morlock from Kitcher is the best. He checked everything before he upload to CIC that is why I went to him even though I hate driving. I hope next test is good enough for CIC docs. Good luck.

Erlm

Nov 3, 2014
Hello again!

The Sponsorship Application Status changed to Decision Made and Permanent Residence Application Status still In Process
What Decision Made means?
Do you guys know what happen next?

Thank you

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Erlm said:
Hello again!

The Sponsorship Application Status changed to Decision Made and Permanent Residence Application Status still In Process
What Decision Made means?
Do you guys know what happen next?

Thank you
That means you are approved or rejected as sponsor, usually approved (though you will get a letter for approval of your sponsorship)

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
October 11, 2016 (Passport received by SVO: October 31, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
Today I was able o link my parents' application to MyCIC page. Following is the status:

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: (No Information)
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
Final decision: Not Started

Looks like the background check has not been started yet. Does anyone know usually when CIC starts the background check and how long does it take? My parents lived in Bangladesh for whole life. They visited Canada with Super Visa in 2014 for 6 months and Saudi Arabia for 2 months in 2012 to do hajj.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
siter_pakhi said:
Today I was able o link my parents' application to MyCIC page. Following is the status:

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: (No Information)
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
Final decision: Not Started

Looks like the background check has not been started yet. Does anyone know usually when CIC starts the background check and how long does it take? My parents lived in Bangladesh for whole life. They visited Canada with Super Visa in 2014 for 6 months and Saudi Arabia for 2 months in 2012 to do hajj.
Have you submitted PCC from Bangladesh yet? For mine he background check status is "Not needed at this time" though they asked for PCC and I submitted yesterday.

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
Hello members , I have questions to sponsor my mummy as PR .

I and my spouse are PR in Canada, both are working as professionals jobs .

I have no siblings and my mother is widow and staying alone in India . Can She gets PR faster , if we sponsor her . In base that there is no one look after for my mother and she has to be with me , as I can take care for her.

please advise .

thanks in advance .

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
October 11, 2016 (Passport received by SVO: October 31, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
RoyalNS said:
Have you submitted PCC from Bangladesh yet? For mine he background check status is "Not needed at this time" though they asked for PCC and I submitted yesterday.
Yes, did submit PCC at end of July this year.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Before GCMS, if you can link your app to MyCIC account, it will also show if medical passed.
I was expecting PPR as we submitted PCC, RPRF and medical results at the end of July. Therefore, I did not link our application. Finally decided to link the application and it shows review of medical results have been passed.

Lately CPC-Ottawa has been acting like SVO.