+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
scorpion_ca said:
We were requested by CPC-Ottawa to submit scanned copy of PCC.
Yeap, same here but I just wanted to say if CIC ask for anything original that would be PCC and passport for visa. Everything else is photocopy or scan copy.

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
I got 2 emails on 16th Aug, one asking to the Medical within 30 days and another to send the PCC within 45 days. My parents are Indian citizens and currently they are visiting us in Toronto on visitor visa.
I have been scrambling around to meet that deadline. Got an appointment to do Medical for my mom at a doctor in Scarborough for 22-
Aug, but for my Dad as he turned 70 this year, same doctor gave an appointment for 7-Sep. Looks like some additional testing is to be done.

For PCC I need to go to BLS and they indicate a 6 week turnaround time. Problem is that they keep the original Indian passport with them during that and I need that to show to doctor as identify document when my dad goes for Medical exam. Will try and convince the doctor on Monday to do it same day when my Mom is going, but not sure if they will do it.

Has anyone have had any experience asking CIC to extend the deadline a bit ?

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
nav2016 said:
I got 2 emails on 16th Aug, one asking to the Medical within 30 days and another to send the PCC within 45 days. My parents are Indian citizens and currently they are visiting us in Toronto on visitor visa.
I have been scrambling around to meet that deadline. Got an appointment to do Medical for my mom at a doctor in Scarborough for 22-
Aug, but for my Dad as he turned 70 this year, same doctor gave an appointment for 7-Sep. Looks like some additional testing is to be done.

For PCC I need to go to BLS and they indicate a 6 week turnaround time. Problem is that they keep the original Indian passport with them during that and I need that to show to doctor as identify document when my dad goes for Medical exam. Will try and convince the doctor on Monday to do it same day when my Mom is going, but not sure if they will do it.

Has anyone have had any experience asking CIC to extend the deadline a bit ?
Sept 7 is long time for an appointment. there are lots of doctors can do way earlier if you want. I am going to Kitchener cos the doctor is fast and cheap. You can extend those time. Reply back to the email you received for PCC and the CIC office will extend your time again.

Apl2014

Mar 15, 2016
RoyalNS said:
If you don't mind can you share why you need to send original documents? CIC do not request any original documents other than PCC. If you send any original documents to CIC are they going to send it back to you again? You might need to call CIC or Delhi office and re-confirm with them.
Hi royalNS

I felt people are lucky whose file has been transferred to ottawa.

For delhi i had send same my original Birth Certificate and Mom Death Certificate. After few week they asked us to send us all details after 18 years.

I found delhi office require lots of documents as well as less responsive to your query.

I did use DHL services to send original.

Thank YOu

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Apl2014 said:
Hi royalNS

I felt people are lucky whose file has been transferred to ottawa.

For delhi i had send same my original Birth Certificate and Mom Death Certificate. After few week they asked us to send us all details after 18 years.

I found delhi office require lots of documents as well as less responsive to your query.

I did use DHL services to send original.

Thank YOu
Ottawa also ask for lots of documents too. I am just worried that if you send an original document and if they lost it what will happen. It is not that easy to make some of those certificates in some countries. I have seen in some other post that ppl send same doc multiple times to CIC and it is missing.
I really hope in future Delhi office change their mind and do it like Ottawa.
Good Luck.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
RoyalNS said:
Yeah. My friend's mom already here in Canada. She applied in 2015. LVO is Singapore.
By any chance do you know your friend's mother timeline? Like, month of file transfer, month of requests, month of requests completion and the PPR. Thanks.

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
kiwi2016 said:
When I hadn't heard anything for a while I sent them an email just asking if they could confirm they have received everything they required... it seemed to hurry them up a bit as they emailed that same day requesting another police check and another copy of mums divorce cert... as soon as they had all that it took them a couple of days to request the passport photos...

Sooo, try sending them a friendly email to ensure they have everything they require... it may jog them along!remind them you there!
Got passport request today lol... it worked

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anthony42 said:
Thanks. Did they send you any other email in between such as they cannot comment when the file will be finalized...an officer will contact if they need further info...check processing times online....blah blah blah?

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
scorpion_ca said:
Thanks. Did they send you any other email in between such as they cannot comment when the file will be finalized...an officer will contact if they need further info...check processing times online....blah blah blah?
Yeah I got that one within 3 hours of inquiry.