+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Parents2014 said:
For Ottawa, we were asked for 2 photos along with the passport

Anybody knows how soon will we get passports back after they receive ? Want to book trips for labour day....
Ah interesting, we're visa exempt so can submit via email, I guess they of course won't need the photos, those would be for the visa right?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think visit/study/work visa and PR visa are two different things and you will have to submit passport in order to get a PR visa. I was legally in Canada when I applied for my PR and I had to send my passport to Buffalo office to get the PR visa.

Parents2014

Jun 10, 2016
If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.
Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

But for photos, I believe you still have to submit it by Mail because it seems they are for PR card according to my email.....

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Parents2014 said:
If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.
Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

But for photos, I believe you still have to submit it by Mail because it seems they are for PR card according to my email.....

Ah yes!! that makes sense, I remember now from when I got my PR... it was pretty straight forward (although feels like it was so long ago now I can barely remember!)

JB938

Apr 10, 2016
Anyone heard from New Delhi Office yet on passport request? Done medicals in March but have not got any further communication.
Anyone one else in the same boat with similar timelines? kindly share. With Thanks

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB938 said:
Anyone heard from New Delhi Office yet on passport request? Done medicals in March but have not got any further communication.
Anyone one else in the same boat with similar timelines? kindly share. With Thanks
Did u link ur application. What is status shown on it. Medical pass? Background ongoing etc or any new document demanded

JB938

Apr 10, 2016
jhutti said:
Did u link ur application. What is status shown on it. Medical pass? Background ongoing etc or any new document demanded
It says 'Medical has been received' on ECAS

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB938 said:
It says 'Medical has been received' on ECAS
No no not that. Application linking status much more informative than simple ecas. That shows whether ur parents pass or fail the test.

JB938

Apr 10, 2016
jhutti said:
No no not that. Application linking status much more informative than simple ecas. That shows whether ur parents pass or fail the test.
oh ok, thanks Jhutti. I don't have online account to link my application, but i did get GCMS notes. It says 'Medical passed' in the notes. My worry is that I have not heard anything since march after Medical, normally it should not take this much time to get PPR request after medical passed, wondering if anyone else from New Delhi Visa office has similar timelines and waiting on PPR. Thanks

helloray

Jun 9, 2014
Good bye friends. My parents became landed immigrant last Friday. I will not be posting anymore on this forum. I still have to be deal with 2015 application for my in-laws. Good luck to you all. With this, signing off...

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helloray said:
Good bye friends. My parents became landed immigrant last Friday. I will not be posting anymore on this forum. I still have to be deal with 2015 application for my in-laws. Good luck to you all. With this, signing off...
Congratulations helloray! That was fast. Just only approximately 3 weeks from receipt of PCC/Medicals, you got the passport request. Now we're all hoping we have the same officer who handled your case ;D Congrats and all the best to your in-laws!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
helloray said:
Congrats helloray!

BTW, before you leave, could you share when was the visa issued on the passports? And were your parents already in Canada? I'm guessing that they landed via US border, is that so?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helloray said:
Good bye. Bye bye tata. Namsate.

helloray

Jun 9, 2014
Rossei said:
Congrats helloray!

BTW, before you leave, could you share when was the visa issued on the passports? And were your parents already in Canada? I'm guessing that they landed via US border, is that so?
Yes my parents are in Canada. Visa was issued on August 8 and received the passport on 10th August. Hope this helps.

saindia

Apr 20, 2016
Hello All,
I was able to connect my parents application online on cic.gc.ca
On Friday I logged in and saw 2 msgs for medical tests. Now the msg online says 30 days from the date on the letter however there was no date mentioned. Secondly, the attached IMM 1017E on Friday had details like my parents name, uci number, ime number etc. however this morning I noticed that they made some changes to the forms and the details on the IMM 1017E is no longer there. Both the forms are blank now. Anyone who received these forms, can you confirm if the forms were filled or blank when you received them. Also, it's strange that I don't have any official email or mail from Ottawa regarding the request for medical.