+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

hwang441

Jan 21, 2014
Rob_TO said:
It depends on the person checking the files. But honestly the cap is probably already full by now, so there is a very high chance your app will be returned unopened anyways.
Thank you for your kind words.

All the best

Dean

disisme

Jan 14, 2012
quinnman said:
You are part of the reason for processing delays, wasting CIC's time sending in applications that do not meet the requirements!!!!! :(
don't worry about it. My lawyer advised me to apply and see if it works, if not, next year. I am sure many more thousands of people must have done the same. I could not afford to not to apply because of some comments based on mere approximations. I have took a chance and trust me if I get through it, you will be the first person to appreciate this effort. So, with all due respect just wish me and all other people who didn't meet 2010 LICO a good luck and try to not to jump to the conclusions. Thanks

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering are you using lawyer? May I know how much you are going to pay for this application?

disisme said:
don't worry about it. My lawyer advised me to apply and see if it works, if not, next year. I am sure many more thousands of people must have done the same. I could not afford to not to apply because of some comments based on mere approximations. I have took a chance and trust me if I get through it, you will be the first person to appreciate this effort. So, with all due respect just wish me and all other people who didn't meet 2010 LICO a good luck and try to not to jump to the conclusions. Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
disisme said:
How do you intend to apply in Jan 2015, if you already have an application in progress?

You may not find out you have been rejected due to not meeting 2010 LICO requirement, until well into 2015.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rob_TO said:
How do you intend to apply in Jan 2015, if you already have an application in progress?

You may not find out you have been rejected due to not meeting 2010 LICO requirement, until well into 2015.
That's assuming he get the rejection before the end of the year. Otherwise he just screwed himself out of jan 2015 chance. That's karma for ya for denying someone else a legitimate chance at getting 5000 cap.

tameez1985

Nov 11, 2012
I called my bank today to find out whether the cheque was cashed by CIC. Apparently, there is no way for the bank to tell if CIC did so. I do not believe that. What is the opinion of the folks on this thread?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Still no idea how long CIC will take to process these NEW applications under the new revised PGP program.

The forms are not all digitalized (not all are bar-coded) which would have saved time just by scanning into the system, like the new IMM 0008 Generic one.

Takes too long for a decision from CPC-M for the sponsorship approval.....hopefully the new program will be faster as there will only be 5k per year.
Unfortunate for those who don't end up in the cap.

Wish they would devise a system which would root out financial ineligibilites earlier than after X number of years

quinnman

Star Member
May 14, 2013
Its a pity that some immigrants move to Canada for a better life, take an oath to "faithfully observe the laws of Canada" and then try bypass the rules put in place to get in front of someone else who is eligible for PGP.

Your application will not proceed once your an official checks your documents thoroughly, do not fool yourself that CIC will turn a blind eye to your shortfall for 2010!

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
tameez1985 said:
I called my bank today to find out whether the cheque was cashed by CIC. Apparently, there is no way for the bank to tell if CIC did so. I do not believe that. What is the opinion of the folks on this thread?
If I'm not mistaken, certified cheque is a guaranteed money. That is, the money is already taken from your account and will be in Bank's responsibility. So CIC is guaranteed that money will be available for them, but Credit Card is not like that, the bank should process it to verify that money is available.

So for those who sent certified cheques, unless your package is returned you are safe for now. CIC will process those cheques at some point as a bulk.

Only advantage of paying by CC is that, you will know when the money is taken. But also is a risk that until they take it, you should keep your card safe. You lose it, you lose your number and your payment will be declined.

Hishman

Jan 22, 2014
My application was received on January 15th. Looking at this forum, it seems unlikely that it was in the 5000 quota, but keeping my fingers crossed. I don't know how people were able to submit applications on January 2nd or January 3rd! For me it took time to get the signed package delivered to me from my parents!

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
Hishman said:
My application was received on January 15th. Looking at this forum, it seems unlikely that it was in the 5000 quota, but keeping my fingers crossed. I don't know how people were able to submit applications on January 2nd or January 3rd! For me it took time to get the signed package delivered to me from my parents!
I made sure my parents were here for the New Year :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hishman said:
I would stay hopeful, as recent article indicated that around 50% of apps were being returned due to incomplete. So at that rate, it would take 10,000 apps received just to make the 5000 quota.
Seems like taking your time and waiting an extra few days to mail, in general was the better choice over rushing the app in on the first day.