+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will I receive the certificate? I need to travel for surgery urgently.

as2000

Mar 1, 2022
Oakville
I have a surgery outside of Canada and my flight is on March 14, 2022. My oath ceremony was on Feb 25, 2022. The ECAS status online says "complete". When will I receive the certificate in mail? What can I do to speed up this process because I need to leave the country in literally 14 days.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I have a surgery outside of Canada and my flight is on March 14, 2022. My oath ceremony was on Feb 25, 2022. The ECAS status online says "complete". When will I receive the certificate in mail? What can I do to speed up this process because I need to leave the country in literally 14 days.
I suggest you contact your MP with proof of urgency and then ask them to contact Mississauga office to let you pick up certificate in person or send it via express mail. You can email Mississauga office (on the email address you received oath invite from) directly but it will take them a few business days to read your email so first option is probably better.

Reactions: as2000

as2000

Mar 1, 2022
Oakville
I suggest you contact your MP with proof of urgency and then ask them to contact Mississauga office to let you pick up certificate in person or send it via express mail. You can email Mississauga office (on the email address you received oath invite from) directly but it will take them a few business days to read your email so first option is probably better.
thank you so much man for replying. what's an MP and where do i get their contact info?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
You can send an enquiry email to the same email address where you had submitted oath form. Explain your situation to them. Once you get that info, schedule your appointment for passport office. You can literally get your passport the next day with express pickup which will cost you extra $110.

Reactions: as2000

as2000

Mar 1, 2022
Oakville
You can send an enquiry email to the same email address where you had submitted oath form. Explain your situation to them. Once you get that info, schedule your appointment for passport office. You can literally get your passport the next day with express pickup which will cost you extra $110.
Sent them an email just now. Let's see what happens now.

as2000

Mar 1, 2022
Oakville
UPDATE

they said: "Your certificate was sent by REGULAR mail on February 28, 2022."

I'm hoping I will receive it within a week.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
UPDATE

they said: "Your certificate was sent by REGULAR mail on February 28, 2022."

I'm hoping I will receive it within a week.
This is good news. So, I would suggest you go ahead and submit online appointment form and take appointment for mid next week just to be safe. And get express pick up. You should be fine. Normally within province delivery time is 3 business days for regular mail.

as2000

Mar 1, 2022
Oakville
This is good news. So, I would suggest you go ahead and submit online appointment form and take appointment for mid next week just to be safe. And get express pick up. You should be fine.
I asked "Will I be able to receive it in a few days" and they just said "It all depends on how long Canada Post takes to deliver it. We advise clients to allow 2-4 weeks for delivery."

They're being super unhelpful

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
I asked "Will I be able to receive it in a few days" and they just said "It all depends on how long Canada Post takes to deliver it. We advise clients to allow 2-4 weeks for delivery."

They're being super unhelpful
May I know which visa office you took oath from?
If it is already sent then it should not take more than 3-5 business days as it is their standard delivery time for regular mail.

as2000

Mar 1, 2022
Oakville
May I know which visa office you took oath from?
If it is already sent then it should not take more than 3-5 business days as it is their standard delivery time for regular mail.
My oath was virtual on Feb 25th 2022.

I really hope it doesn't take long :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My deep belief based only on guesswork is that when IRCC says 'it was sent' that what they mean is it was sent or the button pushed to print and send through their own mail room, NOT physically passed to CanadaPost. Otherwise the delivery delays that they have don't make sense.

Reactions: canuck78

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
My oath was virtual on Feb 25th 2022.

I really hope it doesn't take long :)
Did you mention your situation during the oath when they check for your document etc.? Usually they ask if you have to travel outside country? I have a conference coming up in the US but that's on March 24 so they may not expediate it. But she did say that within the big cities the delivery should be fast and expect in 2 weeks.

as2000

Mar 1, 2022
Oakville
Did you mention your situation during the oath when they check for your document etc.? Usually they ask if you have to travel outside country? I have a conference coming up in the US but that's on March 24 so they may not expediate it. But she did say that within the big cities the delivery should be fast and expect in 2 weeks.
They asked and my parents answered for me. My family doesn't know about the surgery or the fact that I'm leaving, so I couldn't speak. That's helpful to know by the way that the delivery might only take 2 weeks. Hopefully it gets here. If it doesn't, I'm going to go anyway. And then I won't be able to come back but I'll deal with that problem when I have it :rolleyes: