+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to send Buffalo additional documents?

Battleschool

Feb 15, 2011
Good morning everybody.

This is my first post though I have been following this forum closely. My wife (who is American) and I are also going through the immigration process. Many of the discussions here have been extremely helpful and knowing we are not alone in this is comforting.

We were married Canada in September 2010. We submitted our outland application to Mississaga in November. At the time of submission, we had not recieved an official marriage certificate due to the wait time for the document. Instead we sent CIC a copy of the Record of Solemnization along with a note saying the marriage certifcate would follow as soon as we get it. We now have it. Her passport has also been changed to reflect her new last name, so we want to send in a copy of that as well.

My question is this: We want to send these in, but we haven't recieved barcodes yet. We did recieve an AOR by email (Feb 3), but no snail mail. At first we were just going to wait until we recieve a paper copy of the AOR that would hopefully contain some stickers. Should we keep waiting for the barcodes, or just send the documents in anyway? I could make some barcodes with a lable maker.

I do not want to hit the point where they request additional documents and then put our application on hold for 90 days.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Battleschool said:
Good morning everybody.

This is my first post though I have been following this forum closely. My wife (who is American) and I are also going through the immigration process. Many of the discussions here have been extremely helpful and knowing we are not alone in this is comforting.

We were married Canada in September 2010. We submitted our outland application to Mississaga in November. At the time of submission, we had not recieved an official marriage certificate due to the wait time for the document. Instead we sent CIC a copy of the Record of Solemnization along with a note saying the marriage certifcate would follow as soon as we get it. We now have it. Her passport has also been changed to reflect her new last name, so we want to send in a copy of that as well.

My question is this: We want to send these in, but we haven't recieved barcodes yet. We did recieve an AOR by email (Feb 3), but no snail mail. At first we were just going to wait until we recieve a paper copy of the AOR that would hopefully contain some stickers. Should we keep waiting for the barcodes, or just send the documents in anyway? I could make some barcodes with a lable maker.

I do not want to hit the point where they request additional documents and then put our application on hold for 90 days.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks.
Do not send anything without using the barcodes.

When do you send it, it's possible they'll lose it, or not end up adding it to your file, until after they've already put your application on hold, and requested additional documents. I just want you to be prepared. There's no way to take the initiative with Buffalo, unfortunately.

You can send it in when you get your barcode, but just realize, they may put a hold on your application anyways (e.g. regardless of if you send it to them overnight or express).

Best of luck!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can send it without the barcodes. If you have AOR then you have your File No. Include the copy of the document with a cover letter asking for this document to be attached to your file.

Make sure your cover letter contains the following:

Principal applicant's name
Sponsor's name
Principal applicant's date of birth
File No.

Probably best to put the above as your subject line and have it written in big bold letters.

Not everyone gets the letter with the bar codes. The file number is the most important thing.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I agree - I never once, in almost 4 years, received any barcode labels from Buffalo. They may do that at other embassies, but not Buffalo. All you need is what rjessome already said - your file number, the name and birthdate of the applicant, and the sponsor's name. I followed up with a copy of my new passport with name change (and, later, even my daughter's because her passport was expiring) with just the file number and name/birthdate info and there was no problem.

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
RobsLuv said:
I agree - I never once, in almost 4 years, received any barcode labels from Buffalo. They may do that at other embassies, but not Buffalo. All you need is what rjessome already said - your file number, the name and birthdate of the applicant, and the sponsor's name. I followed up with a copy of my new passport with name change (and, later, even my daughter's because her passport was expiring) with just the file number and name/birthdate info and there was no problem.
Hi Robsluv, seems a number of people very recently are receiving bar codes from Buffalo based on the Buffalo thread. :D

Battleschool

Feb 15, 2011
Does the country the applicant is living in make a difference? Although we are doing an outland application though Buffalo, my wife is with me here in Canada (as is her mailing address). She is here as a visitor. Perhaps the Buffalo mail department doesn't like spending a few extra cents on international stamps.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Battleschool said:
Does the country the applicant is living in make a difference? Although we are doing an outland application though Buffalo, my wife is with me here in Canada (as is her mailing address). She is here as a visitor. Perhaps the Buffalo mail department doesn't like spending a few extra cents on international stamps.
No, the country where the applicant is living doesn't make a difference.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
patiently_waiting said:
Hi Robsluv, seems a number of people very recently are receiving bar codes from Buffalo based on the Buffalo thread. :D
I have a sheet with about 20 of them. You can peel them off and affix them to envelopes, documents, etc. They came with the AOR.

Battleschool

Feb 15, 2011
Pharoh. Did you receive them at an American mailing address or Canadian? If Canadian, how long after the email AOR did they arrive?

j2m

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 14 2009
Doc's Request.
JAN 10 2010
AOR Received.
NOV 18 2009
File Transfer...
NOV 11 2009
Med's Request
NOV 20 2009
Med's Done....
OCT 30 2009
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
FEB 16 2011
VISA ISSUED...
FEB 17, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 17, 2011
I never received any stickers either. When Buffalo requested additional documents from me we uploaded them with a "Case Specific Enquiry". I know they received them and applied them to our file but the first time we did this I used my receipt # rather than the B___ Case #, I realized it and re-sent it right away.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Battleschool said:
Pharoh. Did you receive them at an American mailing address or Canadian? If Canadian, how long after the email AOR did they arrive?
An American address, about 15 hours from Buffalo. It took 3 days for the paper AOR to show up, along with stickers, after the email.