+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to renew my student permit?

xenoboy

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am about to finish Project Management (2 semester post grad.) at Centennial College this summer

And I am going to start Construction Management (1 year post grad.) At centennial this September

My student and off campus work permit are going to expire in November 30

Should I apply for the renewal of my student permit before I have started my second program?

Or should I wait until maybe October for the renewal?

The adviser at school said that I should wait till November, but I am not sure if there will be an issue if I start another program without letting CIC know about my plans

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
xenoboy said:
I am about to finish Project Management (2 semester post grad.) at Centennial College this summer

And I am going to start Construction Management (1 year post grad.) At centennial this September

My student and off campus work permit are going to expire in November 30

Should I apply for the renewal of my student permit before I have started my second program?

Or should I wait until maybe October for the renewal?

The adviser at school said that I should wait till November, but I am not sure if there will be an issue if I start another program without letting CIC know about my plans
If your Study permit says "Field of Study : Any post secondary" then you can start this new course. Remember to apply for renewal atleast 30 days before expiry.

xenoboy

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool thanks!

In that case I am going to start the program and apply for renewal latter on