+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to do the Medical Examination ?

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Today I called up the Medical Centre and they asked my to get the Express Entry Form which I have not received. She said I get an email which will ask me to proceed with the Medical Test.

I want to know whether the Medical test is to be done before submitting the application or after ? If it has to be done after the application submission, then what details should I upload under "Proof of medical (required)" ?

This is something that I read on cic website and I am completely confused

"Applications submitted up to and including January 31, 2017
•If you have already completed your upfront medical exam, include your medical exam receipt with your application.
•If you have already scheduled your exam, go to your medical exam appointment and submit your receipt with your application. Do this only if ◦you are able to attend your appointment; and
◦you are still able to send us your application so that we get it by January 31, 2017.

•If you have not completed or scheduled a medical exam appointment, send us your application with all other required forms and documents, without proof of having completed a medical exam.

If you send in your application without proof that you have completed a medical exam, we will contact you to request one.

Applications submitted on or after February 1, 2017
•You will need to submit your application using the new application package. We will not accept the old application package after January 31, 2017.
•We will send you instructions on when to get your medical exam after you submit your application."

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Did you read the right section?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

See part 2

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
It says

We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 days of receiving these instructions.

If you make a refugee claim at a port of entry, a Border Services Officer will tell you to get a medical exam within 30 days.

If you do not follow these instructions, we may refuse your application.

How do I submit the application without uploading anything under "proof of medicals" ? Is this allowed ?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
schedule medical before submitting application - upfront, so you have no documents to carry to the doctor except passport
they will ask you which category, say Worker
you will get one document from the doctor, scan and upload it to Medical proof

thats it

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
astralsource said:
schedule medical before submitting application - upfront, so you have no documents to carry to the doctor except passport
they will ask you which category, say Worker
you will get one document from the doctor, scan and upload it to Medical proof

thats it
Thanks for that explanation, really helpful. Will do that.

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello,
i have received my ITA and going for medical exam this week. i have already received my document checklist and currently gathering documents. when will i come to know about medical exam result? is it only after i submit all documents?

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hello,
i have received my ITA and going for medical exam this week. i have already received my document checklist and currently gathering documents. when will i come to know about medical exam result? is it only after i submit all documents?
The panel physician/ clinic will give you a document that you will include in your documents to submit to IRCC. It does not contain the results the examinations performed, but it is proof that you have done your medicals. The physician/ clinic will be responsible for sending the results of your physical exam and tests to IRCC. After you submit your documents and get the AoR (Acknowledgment of receipt), periodically check your cic account to see if you passed your medicals.

Congrats on the ITA and best of luck with the application!