+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to do Medical Examination??

jazzyinUS

Mar 6, 2009
I have everything ready to send out to immigration for my husband sponsorship to canada. Last week he got his medical exam done in USA. But now I am finding out that he suppose to go for check up once he receives a letter from immigration office upon submitting his application..

See, i was just following the DOCUMENT CHECKLIST in which one of the required documents to send out to immigration canada is
"Proof of Medical Examination for the sponsored person (original copy 2 of form IMM 1017 signed by the examining doctor)"

Please guide me on how to go about getting this form IMM1017..

thank you!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found it at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp but those are the documents for in-Canada sponsorship. I believe that if he's doing outland, he should use the medical form from the region specific forms at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#region

jazzyinUS

Mar 6, 2009
thanx Leon!!

But the question is whether his medical check up is done before we submit all the applications or after when we get some sort of letter from immigration canada asking us to do the medical check up?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know that, you'd have to call CIC and ask. Since he's just had the medical, maybe you can still use it. If he has to do it again, I've heard it's cheaper to do in Canada, he might come visit you for it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hI

jazzyinUS said:
thanx Leon!!

But the question is whether his medical check up is done before we submit all the applications or after when we get some sort of letter from immigration canada asking us to do the medical check up?
You do the medical before you submit the sponsorship and the application and you include the receipt with the application. I assume he had the medical at a DMP.

PMM

jazzyinUS

Mar 6, 2009
thanx PMM!!

Yes, he did his medical at DMP in US. They gave us the receipt for that . We were about to submit everything until i read this in DOCUMENT CHECKLIST IMM5491
"Proof of Medical Examination for the sponsored person (original copy 2 of form IMM 1017 signed by the examining doctor)"

And when i ended up finding IMM1017, it happened to be as one of the forms under immigration applications for inside canada and he is not in Canada..

When we asked DMP office, they had no idea of any forms.

Please answer as this is the only requirement that is keeping us from sending our application out!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jazzyinUS said:
thanx PMM!!

Yes, he did his medical at DMP in US. They gave us the receipt for that . We were about to submit everything until i read this in DOCUMENT CHECKLIST IMM5491

And when i ended up finding IMM1017, it happened to be as one of the forms under immigration applications for inside canada and he is not in Canada..

When we asked DMP office, they had no idea of any forms.

Please answer as this is the only requirement that is keeping us from sending our application out!
It doesn't matter if you In or Out of Canada, enclose the IMM 1017 copy with the application.

PMM

jazzyinUS

Mar 6, 2009
i just found out that the DMP who did my husband medical suppose to give us the form IMM 1017 so we can attach with rest of the application forms and send it.

cj308

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
jazzyinUS said:
i just found out that the DMP who did my husband medical suppose to give us the form IMM 1017 so we can attach with rest of the application forms and send it.

Hi JazzyinUS

am applying online. Require document that i have to upload are as:

1. Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710) (Opens a new window) (required)
2. Request for Medical Exam (required)
3. Proof of Medical Exam (required)
4. Passport or Travel document (required)
5. Digital Photo (required)

For Document "Request for Medical Exam", it has been mentioned, "Indicate if you would like CIC to send you instructions and forms for a medical examination by filling out a Request for medical exam form. IMM5753E"

And in bottom of the IMM5753E form, it has been mentioned, "If you do need a medical exam, your visa office will give you instructions and a form with your file number before you see a panel physician."

How to contact visa office and get the file number? Is it require for online application?? But they have mentioned the document as require. could you please advice me on it.